It Begins: Tucker Carlson - Bolton is a "man of the left"

In Tuckers world view? Absolutely. Don’t you even know what the term neo-con means?

from Neoconservatism - Wikipedia

Neoconservatism (commonly shortened to neocon when labelling its adherents) is a political movement born in the United States during the 1960s among liberal hawks who became disenchanted with the increasingly pacifist foreign policy of the Democratic Party, and the growing New Left and counterculture, in particular the Vietnam protests. Some also began to question their liberal beliefs regarding domestic policies such as the Great Society.

This is a fascinating non-sequitur.

“Of course neocons are men of the left, they are the people who abandoned liberal ideology and wanted to spread Murica all over the world through military might”.

1 Like

I found a video where Carlson was saying that he wished the war was for oil and that the white house was so liberal.

Umm what? He originally supported the Iraq war in 2003, he changed his mind in 2004, so he’s been disagreeing with them for over as decade.

from Tucker Carlson Goes to War Against the Neocons | The National Interest

On Fox last Wednesday, Boot reminded Carlson that he originally supported the 2003 Iraq decision. “You supported the invasion of Iraq,” Boot said, before repeating, “You supported the invasion of Iraq.” Carlson conceded that, but it seems the invasion was a bona fide turning point. It’s most important to parse whether Carlson has a long record of anti-interventionism, or if he’s merely sniffing the throne of the president (who, dubiously, may have opposed the 2003 invasion).

“I think it’s a total nightmare and disaster, and I’m ashamed that I went against my own instincts in supporting it,” Carlson told the New York Observer in early 2004. “It’s something I’ll never do again. Never. I got convinced by a friend of mine who’s smarter than I am, and I shouldn’t have done that. . . . I’m enraged by it, actually.” Carlson told the National Interest that he’s felt this way since seeing Iraq for himself in December 2003.

Figures.

BINGO!!!

2 Likes

The one part I disagree with Tucker on is Iraq. Iraq is better off today and we are better off that it is not under Saddam’s control and is more democratic now. That should be our goal for all nations…

Bolton could probably be more blamed for failing to turn Venezuela back to democracy. Hopefully, we can still get that done with the help of south American democracies…

Hillary Clinton

Now maybe Carlson can go back to the real issues plaguing the country.

Lol Gypsies! That crisis must have been averted, thanks to Tucker.

And so my prediction begins. I said the left would suddenly start defending/liking Bolton, a man they have hated forever, now that Trump fired him.

Shades of Jim Comey. :sunglasses:

No one likes Bolton. Get that bull ■■■■ narrative the ■■■■ out of here.

2 Likes

Can you point me to someone on the left defending Bolton?

2 Likes

No one like Bolton, get a grip please. :rofl:

It’s indirect. Blasting Carlson for bad mouthing Bolton. Subtle but there.

Looks like Bolton is not only going to be picked LAST when choosing teams…there will be a fight over who HAS to take him.

Trump gave him a shot and he flaked out. Tucker is mostly correct with his DC creature description, just don’t stamp a D on him…

It’s all good.

:rocket:

Weak. No one is defending lifelong Republican John Bolton by pointing out that Tucker Carlson is a corny idiot.

Just the facts.

No one has defended Bolton.

We are pointing and laughing at Tucker Carlson.

3 Likes