Is this what they are charging Trump with?

Then why is it brought up in a thread about President Trump?

i read…

No, an Australian diplomat (a Mr. Downer, I believe) and donor to the Clinton Foundation reported that Papadopolos (not Page, I believe), whom he had approached in a bar and to whom he had introduced the subject of Russia, had mentioned Russian’s hacking DNC files. No collaborative proof of Downer’s claim is available. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/05/22/how-the-fbi-informants-outreach-to-trump-staffers-fits-into-overall-investigation/?utm_term=.b59085b9137f

What you believe does not matter.

It matters not if they had evidence of those two issues at the start of the investigation. Generally, evidence is uncovered through the course of an investigation. And it seems the memo on Cohen last week demonstrated they have a fair bit of evidence on both of those specific issues.

If they produce evidence supporting both of these issues, will it really even matter to you? honest question.

Funny

9dnizyfww5321

3 Likes

God the level of willful ignorance here is astounding. Trump was literally named as a co-conspirator in election fraud and his own personal lawyer is going to jail partly because of it.

Anybody else besides the president of the US would be indicted right now…and that includes representatives, senators and the preident’s own family members.

And his followers are trying to pretend it’s not happening. As our president would say…sad!

2 Likes

But here let me have a republican representative explain it to you if you don’t believe “the Libz”.

“They would be impeachable offenses. Whether they’re important enough to justify an impeachment is a different question," Nadler, the incoming chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, said on CNN’s “State of the Union” on Sunday morning. “Certainly, they’re impeachable offenses, because, even though they were committed before the President became President, they were committed in the service of fraudulently obtaining the office.”

Equally likely, Cohen would not have been required to plead guilty to this if Trump had not been included as a co conspirator. It is very rare that FEC election violations are criminalized.
They had Cohen over tax fraud and other major charges…it was easy to get him to plead what they wanted on the election thing.

John…Edwards.

1 Like

Rarely criminalized.
He was charged on a very similar case. Largely based on the argument that the payments to the woman would have been made anyway for personal reasons, he was found not guilty.
I believe Trump is in trouble over this. It is not without defenses.

i think it might be better that it’s playing out this way. the way Mueller is methodically building his cases (and handing others off) means trials or plea deals.

so it’s gonna be a two-fer. convictions of law breakers and also 30-40% of Americans being convinced (by media) that there was no law breaking even as juries return guilty verdicts. they’ll feel used by the Republican President and mislead by Republican Media.

You are right, it was Papadopalous, Page was a flat out Russian stooge for years and managed to horrify the Trump campaign with how hard he pushed for them to deal with Russia and even meet Putin during the campaign.

Lol i doubt anyone cares about your impatience.

I’m pretty sure it’s about the Campaign Finance law paying off a couple of ladies who were at his disposal.

Sources close to the Mueller Investigation say that Mueller is convinced Trump is responsible for both the Jack the Ripper murders as well as the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa.
Mueller is close to releasing a teaser revealing these crimes.

Does this kind of ridiculous hyperbole serve any purpose?

The other option is crying.

2 Likes

To boost morale of hopeless trumpists

1 Like

You know you’re on the wrong side of history, since when do bad guys get away with selling America’s uranium to the Russians.

Functional equivalent of whistling past the graveyard.

1 Like