Is this proof of media racism?

So your whole premise is…? False?

Your post is just more of the typical Republican victim mentality we’ve seen for decades when it comes to the media. Just turn the channel to Fox News or one of the many other right-wing media outlets for some conservative indoctrination if that’s your thing. You’re right that the media is chock-full of activists, where you go wrong is thinking they only provide one point of view.

3 Likes

And yet Republicans can’t seem to quit complaining about them for some reason.

2 Likes

All of it. CNN, NYT, WP are driving a narrative and have been for years.

They choose the stories that 1. Drive the narrative then 2. Will get the views.

Until recently FNC did the same thing.

They are “influencers” not some passive “responders”.

News networks respond to ratings and literally nothing else. This isn’t a complex equation. They show us what we want to see or they fail and cease to exist.

2 Likes

I agree up until the last phrase. Oh they’ll include their version of Juan Williams they can point to as “balance”.

They create ratings by driving narratives.

I’m not even talking about balance within specific networks, but the media as a whole. The public has an appetite for partisan “news,” and networks provide, both left and right.

I don’t do premises. How much coverage did they give to the Hunter Biden hard drive story? I’m guessing they gave it days of fair discussion. :joy:

C’mon man! Who are you trying to fool? Nobody believes this. Nobody. Don’t play games.

Not provide, create the appetite.

The only reason that works is because the public wants those narratives.

A narrative that we want to see. Of course they “choose” what we want to see… just like YouTube or Twitter. If we like it, those apps or news station keep serving the same stuff to us.

Media is driven by ads. That is how they make money. Ads are driven by views. If you get no views, then you get no ads.

It’s really simple.

Are you declaring me to be a victim? Why the hell would you do that? I will let you know if I believe I’m a victim. Project somewhere else. I’m not interested. You cool with that?

Which is based on what we want. We can turn off the tv. We aren’t being forced to watch content we do not want to watch from the lazy boy

Good answer. But it’s wrong. CNN does not do only DNC approved stories because viewers demand it. They do it because they’re activists. There is zero degrees of separation between the DNC and CNN.

Because the media created the want. It’s how propaganda works.

It’s done the same way drug addicts are created.

You make this premise without providing zero proof. If this is your opinion… so be it… but it isn’t based in reality.

If CNN didn’t get enough views to drive advertising dollars… they would not exist. DNC can’t fund CNN to keep it afloat.

You know who drives the narrative at CNN and Fox?

Advertisers.

1 Like

Advertisers are apolitical.

Drug addicts aren’t created. You either have the biological predisposition for addiction or you don’t.