Is This Harassment?

You’ve been posting here way too long to think that you’re making a good argument.

Thats odd because that isn’t what he said at all.

And when someone says “take care of 'em” they are always directing their lieutenant to provide refreshments and comfort.

Really?
“I’m a drunkard- will you bake me a cake?”
“I’m an adulterer. Will you bake me a cake?”

Is there any evidence that he has had such requests?

1 Like

“Gays have to eat too.”

Mr. Phillips serves them any baked goods they order—just not celebrating GLBTQ messages on his goods.

They’re going to starve if they must find another baker for these particular messages? That makes no sense.

All these years of buying cakes, & I’ve yet to see a drunkard, adulterer, shotgun wedding, racial, etc. cake.

Can anybody here provide proof of such messages on bakery cakes?

Not just that.

The closer parallel would be:

“I’m a drunkard. Would you bake a cake celebrating my latest DUI?”
“I’m an adulterer. I need a cake listing the five women I’ve cheated with this month.”

1 Like

It’s none of his business why someone wants a cake.

It is if he has to decorate it with the reason for the cake. That’s exactly what his business would be.

1 Like

If a gay male couple asked for a cake with 2 penises on it, you would have a point since the baker doesn’t bake penis cakes for anyone. However, if a couple orders a wedding cake THAT YOU ALREADY MAKE, refusing to do so on religious grounds is ■■■■■■■■■

In each case the plaintiff made it his business by specifying. Further, the requests weren’t just cakes off the shelf. Each requested customization (which is his own art) specific to the “celebration” at hand.

A lot of words to say I asked a question, got an answer and disagree with Congress and the SCOTUS.
.^^^^

1 Like

All they’re asking him to accept is that gay people eat cake. They aren’t trying to buy sex toys from him.

You don’t know what they asked for.

If they really want to be edgy and punk they could visit a Wahhabis cake baker and demand a cake.

No, they’re not. Read the thread. Read the news articles. Even the pro-gay media give details that show why these were very specific requests, and why the repeated attempts are harassment.

1 Like

Yep, or a homosexual baker and demand a Straight Pride cake.

If they are aware that the baker is a conservative Christian who has made it known that he will not prepare cakes for a gay wedding, and gay couples deliberately go to him rather than any of the other available bakers, then, yes, they are at least being very rude and at worst, displaying religious intolerance.

Why would anyone want a cake prepared by someone who objects to doing it? If all they want is a cake, there are any number of bakers who would prepare it. And if that’s true, then the object is not the cake, but whatever the couple hopes to provoke by making the request.

2 Likes

They didn’t. They wanted grounds to file harassing lawsuits against the guy.

1 Like

Kudos for being a Christian who doesn’t diminish the God he believes in.

1 Like