Is this a hate crime?

Sure it does.

You really believe that happens?

Researchers are still searching for a “final solution” to whiteness. Abuse and harassment may not be enough.

Medical Journal Labels “Whiteness” a “Malignant, Parasitic-like Condition” and there is “Not Yet a Permanent Cure” (thegatewaypundit.com)

Biggest damage to unions was shipping our jobs overseas.

Not technically. But the system at Amazon keeps record of your action or inaction. So if you’re not scanning for 5 straight minutes, you get 5 minutes, or however long you’re gone, added to time off task. In most cases, and depending on your location, you’re not getting to the bathroom and back in under 5 minutes.

How do you know that?

Besides the multiple undercover people that have worked there, and along with the 100s of testimonials you can find without hardly even trying, I know multiple people that worked there.

This isn’t a conspiracy or mysterious. It’s their rules. Time off task. It’s not really a new thing. They had something similar back when I worked for Verizon (then New Jersey Bell) back in the late 80s. The main difference being you couldn’t get fired for it.

Anecdotes?

Aah, no. They don’t even deny TOT. Again, this is not a conspiracy. This is not hearsay. This is fact. Time off task is fact. Amazon doesn’t even deny it. Yet you still do. I find that fascinating to say the least.

I’m not denying it.

“Amazon has a thing called TOT. Time off task.”

“…It’s absurd.”

Don’t you just love how modern technology has reduced the intellect? Reduced any kind of ability to get the other side of the story or think outside the box?

I was told by one guy who fancied himself the sharpest tool in the shed no one would know what sort of gift to get me when I was pregnant if they didn’t know the sex of the baby. Asked by someone else when I’d find out (um, when the baby’s born and forever after?)

Well, within the last year I wasn’t feeling well enough to go to a larger retailer like Target (further away) to buy a gift for a first time dad, so I looked at my local grocery store, which has a few infant items. Even nauseous as all get out I managed to find him a few gender neutral items in two minutes.

Time off task, tracking apps, something similar at another employer, gee! That has got to save supervisory personnel either a ride along audit, or even getting up to see whose doing what they should be doing & who isn’t, but does it really encourage any thinking or dialogue?

Like gee, maybe someone forgot to sign off & ran to the bathroom, or grab a quick cup of coffee. Maybe they were on the phone with dispatch, or had a particularly problematic order to handle, or upset customer.

A guy I dated thought manually kept, weekly audits where we worked was absurd. It was actually pretty fair.

In the employees’ own words & estimates, how much time did they spend on productive tasks, like data entry, how muchnon nonproductive tasks like filing or proofreading? One hour was deducted for lunch & one 15 minute break.

Calling machine tracked Time Off Task absurd is too gentle. TOT is ■■■■■■■ moronic.

No need for dialog when it’s automated. What they’re basically doing is keeping track of when you work. When you don’t, you have to make up for it. Even if your machine stalls or jams, you still get hit with TOT because it’s automated.

The thing is they really don’t care. There is a lot of turnover and you can be easily replaced. Think of it as drinking water and a few drops hit the floor. Do you care? You have more than enough.

When I worked for Verizon we used to have to write down the minutes of everything we did every day. I used to find that annoying because they were the ones telling us what to do and when to do it. Write it down yourself.

All jobs differ greatly from eachother. You have to find the one that suits you. There are plenty of people that really like working at Amazon. I worked for Verizon for almost 10 years. I got fired for too many absences. My current employer gives me more sick days than I got fired for at Verizon. I’m a model employee when it comes to absences now. And I take more time off. Both union jobs.