Is this a hate crime?

Mythology

ā€œMistreatingā€ wage earners who take no risk?

They should try managing a small business.

1 Like

Nope. Truth.

Hardly. Is your office organized?

Iā€™ve learned not to share too much personal information on this forum. I hope you understand.

Your baseless and reference free claim that the GOP isnā€™t responsible for the decline in unions in America is yet another thing you are wrong about.

So no.

TV Man told you, so it must be true. How can republicans keep your employees from organizing?

2 Likes

The decline of unions is a good thing. We need a look for the Right to Work label campaign.

1 Like

Yeah weā€™ve gone backwards in that area over several decades. For state elections I primarily vote Democratic. But Murphy is testing my patience. Heā€™s so far the only Democrat I despise. It will be hard to vote for him.

But Iā€™m getting off track. Amazon has a thing called TOT. Time off task. I think thatā€™s what it is. Look that up if you can. Itā€™s absurd. Amazon has a system that tracks your every minute. Youā€™re basically a robot. But again, some people donā€™t mind. Why? Because itā€™s worse everywhere else.

I think itā€™s more that there really arenā€™t that many entry level good jobs.

Why do you hate Murphy? Iā€™m kind of ambivalent about him. I think he did fine on the pandemic, I suppose you think he was a little over cautious? Things are wide open now, and he just lifted the state of emergency. Maybe a little later than he could have, but our tax rate is just over 60 I think, so seems about right to me.

I donā€™t knowā€¦I honestly havenā€™t been paying much attention to anything state-wise other than the pandemic. Maybe nothing else much is going onā€¦but he seems OK to me. At least he hasnā€™t been caught sunbathing on a beach he closed, or ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up bridge traffic - yet.

I just want to say one more thing. If Amazon was paying their employees 30 bucks an hour I wouldnā€™t be so hard on them. But theyā€™re not. Theyā€™re taking advantage of the overall opportunities or lack there of.

Agreed. And to an extent, shame on us all for letting them do it our fellow citizens.

Of course they are, itā€™s a business.

That is astounding.

You donā€™t really add much to the conversation with your one line posts.

What would you like me to add?

Yes. But task VS compensation is important. At the moment businesses have the upper hand right now. Iā€™m in a union so I can tell my boss to ā– ā– ā– ā–  off. But I never have to do that because they know their place. I would never work under any other circumstances.

Amazon is apparently not having a problem finding workers.

ā€œThey know their placeā€. Donā€™t you work for government?

Oh I know they are not having problems. For young people starting off they are better than most choices out there. They get moderate to good reviews from employees. But I would never work under those conditions. I donā€™t get punished for going to the bathroom.

I work for an authority. So technically Iā€™m not a state worker. But I guess saying I work for government is still accurate.

Little different when you work for the government neh?

Me working or not working for government has nothing to do with what you responded to. It most likely has to do with me being union. Iā€™ve never worked a non union job so I can only go by what I hear from people. But Iā€™m assuming union or not, most jobs donā€™t make it punishable to go to the bathroom.