Is there any debate that in person voting with an ID is the most secure way to carry out an election? + Other questions/discussion on voting

It’s required for me to get a CC permit too. Do you think that means I don’t have to show it after the fact?

1 Like

You don’t peoples circumstances.

Allan

You don’t grammar.

Hint: Your ersatz scenario pretends that you do peoples (sic) circumstances.

Perhaps if you are required to sign a document saying you already have one.

Read my statement again. The reality is that there’s no way of verifying that the person whose name is on the ballot is the one who filled it out. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to acknowledge that in person voting with a picture ID and signature verification is definitively more secure.

1 Like

What are the voter ID laws in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras?

What’s more likely to get past a poll worker, a mail in ballot with a forged signature (assuming that they bothered to look) or someone trying to pass themself off as you with a phony ID (assuming someone would go through the trouble of getting a phony ID, not to mention trying to select who to impersonate)?

1 Like

Rarely happens. Why would someone get a fake Id just to vote?

Allan

Postal voting has been around for over 100 years in other jurisdictions; why does the USA have an alleged difficulty with postal voting that other jurisdictions don’t have?

Because people voted against Dear Leader. So now mail in voting bad, even thought that is how Dear Leader vote himself.

Glad to help.

WW

1 Like

Here are my thoughts.

In my opinion there are basically 2 kinds of voters.

One type of voter is somewhat engaged, somewhat knowledgeable about the issues, and will do whatever it takes to make it to the polls. Nothing will stand in the way of these voters. I believe the vast majority of those who vote in the U.S. fall into this category (on both sides of the political spectrum).

The second type of voter knows little to nothing about the issues and is unlikely to make it to the polls on their own without some kind of prodding or outside influence. They won’t take any initiative on their own to make even a minimum effort to register, let alone to vote. These are the voters targeted by the DEMs. They cultivate them in large numbers and influence their voting behavior with promises of free government assistance. In order to target these masses of voters, any and all obstacles must be removed. Removal of any obstacles aren’t targeted by the DEMs because their removal would make it easier for an individual to vote (see the first type of voter I describe). They are targeted because their removal would make it easier for those who seek to exploit the second type of voter for their own political agenda.

What percentage of voters broken down by party would be in the first category?

Haven’t a clue. I’m simply offering my opinion. I strongly believe the majority of voters from both parties will do whatever it takes to register and to make it to the polls. Strong voter ID requirement’s will do nothing to deter them.

I also strongly believe that there is a sizeable minority of those who vote but wouldn’t do so on their own without outside influence. I strongly believe those are the ones targeted by the DEMs and as such vote overwhelmingly for the DEMs. The largest percentage of those voters can be found in the large DEM run population centers. IMHO

If it prevents just one fraud…

1 Like

Not sure what part of my post you are responding to?

Voting is a right.

Gun ownership is a right.

If it prevents one school shooting…

Hmmm

WW

1 Like

Gun ownership only took a single Amendment.

What are we up to for voting? Three?

:rofl:

Doesn’t the in person voter have to sign in and their sig is checked against the one on file?

Yes, as far as I know. The most secure thing to do would be picture ID and signature verification.

1 Like

That’s not what the OP is about.