Is there any debate that in person voting with an ID is the most secure way to carry out an election? + Other questions/discussion on voting

There’s a ton of doubt and scant evidence that it prevents any sort of fraud. In person electoral fraud is exceedingly rare, and if you understand how voting systems work you would understand why.

https://www.aclu.org/other/oppose-voter-id-legislation-fact-sheet

The point isn’t to “stop voter fraud”. It’s to stop “those people” from being able to vote.

What of they are allowed limited time off from work and chose to vote on the first day without realizing there would be long lines?

Same for firearms?

3 Likes

You should read your links.

Me too. For all rights.

Is what the same for firearms?

Does providing ID not reduce fraudulent purchases, and only limit legal gun owners?

If so, it’s an infringement.

If not, then your argument is nullified and can’t be true for voting either.

1 Like

This is a pretty silly comparison.

When the Secretary or State has you register and verified through public records that you are who you say you are and live where you say you live, and then every time you wanna go shootin’ your actions are recorded and signature cross checked across multiple databases then you’ll have a more apt comparison.

1 Like

Great. And they can send me one in the mail without showing ID too.

2 Likes

After you’ve turned in a signature and something like a utility bill to the State, which is then cross checked along with every public record, and then you have to sign and in many cases re register every time you want to shoot, I guess.

It’s a silly comparison. The goal of voter ID is to prevent certain demographics from voting, it doesn’t stop in person voter fraud.

Already have. Fingerprints.

It’s called a Concealed Carry License.

So now I can buy all the guns I want through the mail with no further ID required right?

Also: Thinking that “certain demographics” don’t already have ID, or can’t get one, is racist.

3 Likes

No, and no. Not when stats back it up, and it’s not just about ID. Black voters disproportionately voted absentee. Oops can’t do that anymore now unless you’re older than 65 which means you’re probably a white Republican voter. On and on, GA and TX and the 346 bills Republicans have introduced in 47 states to limit voting have one goal in mind: reduce minority turnout to boost their electoral chances.

Who is the Republican pundit pushing the “thinking this will affect blacks is the real racism” because you’re all saying it starting today and that doesn’t just happen.

Th

Purely stupid question. It implies that all the people in that first-day line only had that one day off. Not two days later. Or a week later. Just that one day.

Hint: If you go on a day when there is no line, you don’t need to take a day off.

2 Likes

Et tu, slim?

Database cross referencing for voter reg is hands down the best defense against voter fraud. It’s basically eliminated large scale voter fraud.

Again, if requiring an ID (that’s not free) is not an infringement on firearms ownership, which is a protected right, then it cannot be an infringement on voting.

I’m in favor of IDs for both, rather than neither.
You’re going to have to choose.

2 Likes

ID is already required to register to vote.

And that was completely ignored by the fraudsters

1 Like

Which fraudsters?

I from my lived experiences do not accept that photo id is a prerequisite nor a corequisite to ensure fair elections. Neither do I accept that it is necessary to vote within the electorate you are enrolled in.