Is there a difference between "attempt obstruction of justice" and "actual obstruction of justice"?

I have yet to read the entire report. I will, as soon as I get some free time, but everything I read so far, seems to point the concept of an ATTEMPT to obstruct justice. And I don’t think this is really up for debate. You had the Comey firing. You had Trump ordering Don McGahn to fire Mueller. You had numerous Trump officials constantly trying to cover their tracks. Barr claims that the President was not trying to break the law, but felt the investigation was going to hurt his presidency.

Again, I am trying my best to be fair to the President, and hear both sides.

Per google, here’s how they define obstruction of justice:

Obstruction of justice , in United States jurisdictions, is a process crime, consisting of obstructing prosecutors or other (usually government) officials.

What are examples of obstruction of justice?

Obstruction may consist of any attempt to hinder the discovery, apprehension, conviction or punishment of anyone who has committed a crime. The acts by which justice is obstructed may include bribery, murder, intimidation, and the use of physical force against witnesses, law enforcement officers or court officials

.What do you think?

Trump did it but they’ll never admit it.

1 Like

Yes…the difference is feelings and liberal tears. Damn…if only that was actual prosecutorial evidence…amirite? :sunglasses:

1 Like

How did Trump NOT break the law?

Trump without a doubt falls in the “intimidation” camp. Every day he complained about the Mueller investigation and attempted to stop the government for looking into links between Russia and Team Trump. Ordering your own men to fire Mueller, and getting rid of people because they were looking into Russia is without a doubt a problem.

You seem to continue to play the partisan game here.

you can order a hit on a dude and it’s not a crime if it’s not done. we’ve never seen mafia dudes arrested for ordering a hit that got messed up.

/s

1 Like

One is conjecture and dream.

The other is the harsh cold bite of the law and reality.

Learn them, live them, love them.

:woman_teacher:t3:

Now…take your opinion and prove it in a court of law. That’s how this whole thingy works and why I want this whole matter to now be reviewed in reverse. I want to know if there were laws broken in how this whole thing began. Laws, lawyers, judges, courts and jails…should matter to all. Opinions…to some.

1 Like

It is a problem. It’s also a problem when the people around him refuse to do “his crazy ■■■■■ because it’s crazy and illegal. But that’s what we have. Some people like that.

1 Like

That’s just your opinion. Brought to us straight from a talking kitty kat.

1 Like

good morning LuLou. Hope you have a great day and a perfect Easter weekend my friend…and…meow. :sunglasses:

What Mueller seems to be saying is that the scope of his investigation wasn’t broad enough to determine whether charges should be filed on the obstruction piece of it. In other words, an investigation with a broader scope would need to be conducted in order to establish whether that charge should be filed.

You cannot be charged with attempted murder, only actual murder.

6 Likes

What the President repeatedly did was totally illegal for anyone other than the President through some glitch in our constitution that establishes a legal system and not a justice system when it comes to the President. This is not a cause for celebration but rather on of concern where the ruler of our nation can function as a king with the proper makeup and attitude of the government. The celebrated Founders missed this one.

6 Likes

Yep - if he wasn’t a sitting President, he would be totally ■■■■■■ right now.

For what?

…crickets…All innuendo all the time.

Mueller isn’t just fake news…It’s OLD fake news nobody cares about.

:cricket:

President I’m ■■■■■■ exposing his inner hot mess on Twitter this morning, now that everyone can read for themselves how dirty and corrupt he really is, to the point that good people around him won’t even carry out his crazy ■■■■■

1 Like

Yep - he’s damn lucky in some of these cases that people refused to carry out his orders. Ordering the White House counsel to fire Mueller, then later ordering him to lie about him giving that order, and trying to have others curtail the investigation. It’s unbelievable what was going on in the White House.

1 Like

It’s Good Friday, and the good American people are waking up to President I’m ■■■■■■ being a hot mess and spewing vulgarity on Twitter. Republicans cheer.

1 Like

I’m sitting here at my computer…have never had a Twitter account…buying cars…preparing to head to the coast at noon…going to pick up my youngest daughter along the way…will spend the weekend with many nieces and nephews, brothers, sisters and my 87 year old mother to celebrate Easter. I’m preparing to turn off Caesar and render to The Lord, those things that are The Lord’s.