Is There A Constitutional Carry Trend Afoot?

Huh…what do you know…

1 Like

None in TN either but annnnnyyyyyy minute now annnnnnyyyyy minute. :grinning:

1 Like

If you think cops are your friend…

From the article:

“As a police officer, you’re putting the pieces together as you get on the scene and you only have seconds to make a decision,” she (Teresa Ewins, police chief of Lincoln, Nebraska) said.
Officers responding to an active shooter scenario are forced to make split-second decisions to stop the imminent threat to public safety, but a bystander on the scene who is carrying a weapon only complicates the encounter, Ewins said.
“If someone feels the right to go into a business or a coliseum or an arena [while concealed carrying], then there’s going to be an argument,” Ewins said. “Then law enforcement will have to respond and try to deescalate. This is just another layer of difficulty for them because it’s hard to understand who has a gun, who doesn’t have a gun and then having people who are not trained.”

Has this been a problem in the 21 States which have Constitutional Carry or is this merely speculation from the imagination of this specific police chief?

No. And my rights and I don’t exist to make cops’ lives easier.

Alaska has had CC since 2003 and I have never heard of a single complaint from any LEO from rookie to Chief that it makes their job more difficult let alone more dangerous. Although, both the Mayor and the PC of Anchorage complained about it at the time it went into effect. (The PC in Fairbanks publicly endorsed it.) The Mayor went so far as to push through an ordnance that banned permitless carry in the Municipality, but the Legislature quickly responded with a State law prohibiting municipalities from enacting gun control laws that are more restrictive than State law.

We don’t refer to Anchorage as Los Anchorage for no reason. :wink:

Alabama

2 Likes

I count 22 with Alabama.

Back to the Constitution

3 Likes

I like the trend. Hey @SixFoot , is this a trend?

3 Likes

It is a trend. The blood bath will commence soon of course. :wink: :grin:

2 Likes

I like this particular pattern. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh yeah. It’s the Wild, Wild West ya know. Gunfights in the street every day.
:wink:

2 Likes

That’s what the liberal newspaper Rag the Tennessean guarenteed us would happen in TN when they came up with a carry permit years ago and all the more since we have a permitless carry.

Annnnnnny day now. Annnnny day now it is bound to start.
:wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s true. Since CC was implemented in 2003, half of our population has died in the streets at the hands of the other half. Even the kids are shooting it out. No crowding in our schools. :wink:

Same thing here. Libs were sure it was going to be a total bloodbath once it passed.

I’m still waiting.

1 Like

Dress code nullified

2 Likes

You were saying? :wink:

4 Likes

Twenty-five and counting …

1 Like