Is the United States uniquely evil?

Sorry, it sounds like a strawman. You mention “they,” you specifically say they promote a message that the US is uniquely evil over and above all other nations, and then downshift to “do your own homework” when I ask for specifics. I’m not looking to be convinced, I’m asking for your sources.

1 Like

I agree with you it’s certainly not the country I live in that’s for sure, not only do we help our own but the USA is the most benevolent & generous country on the entire globe!

The straw man on the AM radio.

This is the tactic the modern Democrat is all about, it’s the philosophy and psychology of victimhood. There’s many people (maybe most) who don’t want to look at or be told what they have done wrong or could have done better so it’s very appealing for them to hear about how awful the country is. This is all by design these politicians are not stupid they know about psychology and this tactic does work. Heck they even have someone from Somalia of all places talking about how ■■■■■■ America is:

“We can’t stop at criminal justice reform or policing reform,” she said during an outdoor press conference. “We are not merely fighting to tear down the systems of oppression in the criminal justice system. We are fighting to tear down systems of oppression that exist in housing, in education, in health care, in employment, [and] in the air we breathe.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ilhan-omar-calls-for-dismantling-america-s-system-of-oppression/ar-BB16snhr

Just what I said :roll_eyes: humans are not perfect and no country is perfect but the United States of America comes closer then any other country in the entire world.

No one believes that…No one ever has. There are enough that it causes problems within the system. Bad cops do bad things. The system fails because the system protects the bad cops.

Again, to believe that, you have to believe that the US is in this alone…and yet…we saw protests all over the world, with black people talking about slavery and its effects in many different lands.

Sounds like the plan is to convince us that this is the plan. I reject the above statement as there is no plan to convince anyone we are evil…There is a plan to convince us that this is the plan…and the President and his followers are the authors of that plan.

RESIST THE PLAN…LOL

Good Post though…THe OP sounds almost convincing…

1 Like

Honestly, I have to push back a little on that. Of course it’s not the majority of Americans, but there is a good number of Americans who are. Basically the, idea of one bad apple or several bad apples ruining the bunch.

I will agree politicians definitely, but unfortunately we’re lining up behind their decisions and policies.

So why were there so many people burning and tearing the country down if they didn’t believe it was an utterly evil place?

I love America, it’s flaws and all. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. But the OP is disingenuous. There is no “plan” to convince Americans that the U.S is uniquely evil. There is no “fake history” that slavery was invented and perpetuated by the U.S. This kind of ignorant, divisive kook-talk takes away from the real discussion we should be having, which is, how can we become an even GREATER nation. Unfortunately, when we try to have this conversation, it immediately turns into “you’re playing the race card” this, or “BLM” that, or antifa, or some other reason for not having the conversation we as a country should be having.

6 Likes

No need to be sorry. As I said, my goal is not to convince you. :+1:

As I said, my goal is not to convince you.

As I said, my goal is not to convince you. :sunglasses:

First I thought you had a great post and I do agree that humans do have the qualities you mentioned: spoiled, greedy, narcissistic and selfish. And we all have them to some degree or another. But we all (at least most) have good qualities as well.

Unfortunately, it’s been like this. Hell, even those who were part of the civil rights movement ended up being label communist in an effort to discredit the movement and silence the conversation. It always seem to be some type of excuse.
Excuses are…

The NWO can’t have countries clinging to their culture and history if there’s going to be a one world government.

Who’s doing that?

1 Like

No, the evils that we perpetrate turned to be pretty garden variety. Our system of chattel slavery, followed by a civil war that killed hundreds of thousands, followed by a hundred years of black codes and Jim Crow which literally ended with Congress having to pass legislation for rights supposedly guaranteed in the constitution? That’s unique.

1 Like

That’s a different question. The OP is stressing that “they” have a narrative that the United States is “uniquely evil.” I asked for a source, because I hadn’t heard that narrative.

So we can’t raise concerns about America unless we also complain about Portugal? Seems weird.

But in terms of being unique, I don’t know of any other country that fought a civil war over fainting slavery, but I don’t know world history that well. Maybe there were others?

And the only county I know that codified discrimination for a century was South Africa. But again, I only pay attention tot he US about this stuff. I can’t try to make other countries better.

“the plan”

“they”