Is the NFL ready for this crap? I doubt it

Until people get pissed off due to flag disrespect. The last time they did this, stadiums were half full. If they double down, it may be worse.

Do you think my suggestion is a compromise everyone can live with?

Do you have proof of this ?

2 Likes

How about we go back to the old way (before the DOD bought the National Anthem segment of the game) and just have the teams stay in the locker room until after the anthem. Easy peasy. Done and dusted.

1 Like

At every level?

Good idea. Or just not get butt hurt. Either way works for me.

Answer my question first. That would be the polite thing to do. Questions as they come. Here it is.

Do you think my suggestion is a compromise everyone can live with?

No, not everyone will want to live with that because some players will want to protest on the field.

Now, how about you address your premise that stadiums were half full and my proof to the contrary.

1 Like

So who’s gonna boycott the NFL this year? Are any of you the kind of boycotters I see in my Facebook feed?

There’s the old family friend that I actually don’t remember ever not knowing. Great guy, but he never actually watched or followed the NFL in any way, shape or form.

Then there’s my brother in law. Great guy and one of my best friends and a former Marine. He of course said he was going to boycott. Then my wife was talking to her mom one Sunday and asked what he was up to. (She lives in his house). She said he was down road at a friend’s house drinking a few beers and watching the Redskins game.

And then there’s an old army buddy of mine. A serial cheater back in our service days, but has apparently found Jesus later in life. He was gonna boycott. Then starts posting about how he doesn’t support the NFL, but does support the Patriots.

That seem like an issue for TV networks not the NFL.

I predict NFL will make record profit in 2021 season just like they did every year for the last two decades.

1 Like

and what sport are they going to go watch… Tennis?

Hey.

I like tennis. :upside_down_face:

The only times the stadiums were half full was at the end of halftime when everybody was still at the concession stands or in the bathroom. Maybe you won’t be watching the game, but I’m sure your husband will.

I hate that article, and it has nothing to do with what you’re talking about (sorry dude).

The article references the average NFL salary as being $2.1 million, which gives the reader the impression that the typical player makes $2.1 million.

That number is meaningless, though, as it’s pulled up by outlier superstar QBs.

The author should use the median salary, which is $860k.

Back to your discussion - this is just a reminder to be cautious of all journalists particularly where they attempt to discuss data.

Also find a better rated show on Sunday.

Umm, perhaps you’re unfamiliar with ratings juggernaut known as “The Alec Baldwin Show”? :slight_smile:

Your suggestion is fallaciously based on a false premise, so it really can’t honestly and objectively be discussed until it is based on factual information, that the kneeling didn’t have the negative long-term effects that would necessitate some form of “compromise” with its more “patriotic” views to get people watching.

There is no compromise necessary.

No one is forced to watch or participate in kneeling. Owners and players are free not to participate in the NFL if kneeling during the anthem contradicts their jingoism…I mean beliefs.

But it’s interesting. This thread is an example of a mindset that has contributed to the problems we face right now. "Protest how I want you to-where no one knows about it. " We get it. Out of sight, out of mind.

The NFL is free to accept any consequences from allowing kneeling.

I demand you do what i say, isn’t this a great compromise?!

This and the nascar thing are making some people come off like the ex who won’t leave after you dump them.

2 Likes

Exactly. Just steal their underwear and shoes and begone like a normal person.

2 Likes

Silly to play the national anthem in sports (though I haven’t seen it at golf, or mountain climbing). Makes sense, I guess, at the Olympics.

1 Like