Is the NFL ready for this crap? I doubt it

Yeah, too bad he wasn’t open to changing positions

It is indeed.

Absolutely. If either had the talent of say Kirk Cousins or Ryan Fitzpatrick, who were right in the middle for passing yards last year, they would still be on a roster. Especially Tebow. With his sheer athletic talent some coach would have continued to be willing to take him on a 3rd string QB hoping they could mold him into something. But the media circus wasn’t worth it. Every press conference kept turning into “What about Tebow?” The media vultures were circling every practice. TV Networks when Tebow was on the Jets were literally cutting away from other games to show Tebow special teams plays as thats the only place he was playing. He wasn’t worth the headache.

Kaep was a fringe starter, quality backup by the time he exited the league. But the circus around him was even bigger than Tebow and unlike Tebow it was coupled with tremendous fan blowback. If he was an elite starter and helping the team win that blowback would soon turn to adoration as fans will forgive anything if you bring victories but he wasn’t that kind of QB anymore. So it wasn’t worth it when you could easily find other fringe starters and backups without the headaches.

1 Like

What do you want me to say about it?

I would have converted him to one of those third tight ends/H back guys. Or maybe a fullback. We know he can run. With his brute strength and ability, I think he would have been great.

What did the commish say? I missed it.

And as far as kneeling goes for the flag. It’s not a sign of respect. They are not doing it out of respect.

I was a Boy Scout and former Marine which makes me a bit of an expert. :us:

Listen to it for yourself. To me it sounded like kneeling will be welcomed.

I know Colin Kaepernick wasn’t doing it out of respect. Someone actually had to tell him to take a knee as opposed to sitting or laying down. His statement pretty much let everyone know it wasn’t out of respect. I just didn’t know taking a knee was a show of disrespect.

I don’t even know why the national anthem needs to be played at a sporting event anyway. It’s a stupid thing, and now it’s just been turned into virtue signalling fakery. Get rid of it.

1 Like

The person who told him was a militsry veteran

Kneeling is a sign of respect has been for thousand years

Linking to original. I was asking if you have proof to your claim that stadiums were half full

[quote=“W_and_C, post:121, topic:232054”]

Okay. Thanks. :vulcan_salute:

Not in this case. Honestly. You shouldn’t post crap that nobody, even yourself believes. I will ask you straight up and I want a straight up answer. Do you actually believe the people kneeling for the flag were doing it out of respect for the flag? Has a single one ever said anything close to that?

BTW As a former Marine, I am an expert on flag etiquette. You are a rank amateur.

So , do you have proof to your claim that stadiums were half full ? Chart with attendance stats above ^^^

Good Lord man. This is reaaaaaally important to you. Yes? You are persistent. Do I have proof? Maybe? Will I provide it? Who knows? We’ll see. Your turn. :smirk:

Kneeling is a sign of respect has been for a thousand years across the global.
no one cares about American flag etiquette by that logic anyone wearing a flag pin is violating it.

Just a simple question. Doesn’t sound like you have proof after all, oh well :slightly_smiling_face:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ look up ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That isn’t proof, just some cherry picked photos with unknown dates

Proof is proof