Is the Government shutdown a good thing?

Negotiations? Huh? I think you are missing what is going on here lol. Trump wont sign a spending bill because there is no wall money. Thats not a negotiation lol

I bet you got a Sonic and an A&W. Probably an Arbys

My favorite was the Fishermen (Deadliest Catch guys) who couldnt fish cause they couldn’t get a permit

Sonic and Arbys, yes. It’s 17 miles to the nearest one. I live in a tiny town with no post office. lol

It’s a little more complicated. Those employees required to work during the shutdown are guaranteed payment of back wages, but those who are furloughed will only be paid if Congress allocates the money and the President signs the bill. This has happened after every previous shutdown; but at the current level of dysfunction in Washington, I wouldn’t put a bet on furloughed employees being paid.

Personally, I would rather that the TSA agents screening my flights this week focus on keeping our flight safe rather than thinking about how they are being forced to work with being paid during Christmas.

If Congress and the President cannot agree on a budget, I would be fine with them agreeing to shut down their own paychecks until they work things out, but the people working in Air Traffic Control, the Border Patrol and the National Parks should be paid for their work rather than penalized because of a disagreement those workers have no control over.

Plus govt contractors (like janitorial workers for instance) won’t work and won’t get back pay,

Not everyone who is effected by the shutdown are Federal Employees.

unless your one of the 800K people who is going to be flush for cash during the holidays.

There isn’t anymore money in those agencies budgets to pay people until the appropriations bills are passed.

Hulu still works on my TV…what’s big deal bout this shut down

Omg. I just realized my brother, who is a lawyer for the Feds…isn’t getting paid. Dang wake up call!! Geez Im sorry

My nephew is an attorney for ICE (we don’t discuss his job for obvious reasons,) and he is furloughed w/o pay.

Is the shutdown a good thing? Please ask those who aren’t working or are forced to work without pay.

No…it’s terrible so let’s all agree to build that southern wall and end the shutdown.

No… we should not build a wall that Mexico isn’t going to pay for. You shouldn’t want us to do that either.

Your post displays how short sighted you are in not seeing that the savings far, far, far exceed the cost…

Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall… why am I now paying for the wall? You talk about savings but forget the huge savings we would have by having Mexico pay for the wall.

Trump did not campaign on “potential savings” he campaigned on “Mexico is going to pay for the wall”

And where is Trumpcare and reducing the national debt???

The savings are primarily coming from Mexicans who aren’t now able to cross.

Where is the Trumpcare is a good question? Trump said he had a plan(lie), the Rs have had years…and still…NOTHING! Until the costs of healthcare are addressed, there is no fixing the problem. The answer is NOT to simply redistribute the expense.

1 Like