Is The Global Temperature Record Credible

There is no “edit” indicator on Snow’s post.

But I am a climate scientist.

Agreed. This is the one of the few scientific fields google scholars feel they can speak on.

Sure you are … Mr. Anonymous Internet poster. :smile:

And I am sure you will. :wink:

By the way, I have been studying climate change since about 1980 … long before there was an Internet, let alone Google.

ever have a fountain soda? fill it to the top with ice and add your beverage to the top… watch the ice melt and cause the level of the liquid to rise… what?

at least the polar bears will drown…

Well, actually, I have done some climate science (see above). I understand what it is about (mostly there is no such thing as a “climate scientist”) even if I’m not up-to-date on the recent literature. I always enjoyed William Ruddiman’s tome: “Earth’s Climate: Past and Future.” He has a sober question and answer section on global warming near the end of the book.

Don’t need to. There is an interesting parallel between climate deniers and lysenkoists, however.

1 Like

That is pure bunk.

Besides, there are no people here who do not believe in changing climate. There is no such thing as a “climate denier.”

We all know what the term is referring to. Don’t be pendantic.

Just like there’s no one that’s not pro-life. It’s a convenient shortcut. That’s how language works.

But it doesn’t. When you pour liquid into crushed ice, it fills the empty spaces and the ice floats. When the ice melts, the level stays the same. Just exactly as what happens when sea ice melts.

There you go again … changing the subject by focusing on a particular word rather than what is being discussed. Must be a Zebra - stripes thing … :wink:

Isn’t that exactly what you did to the other poster?

Politically motivated movement against scientific consensus for ideological purposes? No relation at all.

Did you miss the part about there is no such thing as a climate denier?

Yet there are plenty that claim the temperature is not rising.

Can you address the actual point and not change the subject by focusing on nit picking a few words?

There you go again trying to have a real conversation while religious zealots in the room gnash and claw at facts like blasphemy. Later on we’re going to have a a practical conversation about cosmic events and how they are the driving force in Earth’s climate. Leave the losers who don’t understand research behind, you have several actual scientist friends.

Ya’ll dont understand the science, its apparent. But keep up the good fight, you’ll convince some lurkers I’m sure. But in the real world, most humans are moving forward with renewable energy and are concerned about our effects on the environment. Some people care about the Earth more than $$$. A rare thing for cons to care about anything except $$$

It’s a pejorative. You lose.