Is The Global Temperature Record Credible

or that the Marshall Islands are literally going under water.

Allan

Give a for instance.

So this is what I think, maybe I’ve said it before. And maybe I’ve also said that I did some “climate” research as a graduate student. We extracted sediment cores from ancient lake sediments in the driftless area of Wisconsin. We sampled the column, separated the insoluble pollen grains, and reconstructed the ancient vegetation. My early professional life was concerned with immediate post-glacial human culture in Europe, commonly known as the Mesolithic. And so on.

In my opinion the increasing level of atmospheric carbon dioxide is a threat. But I’m not willing to predict the threat level. The degree of sea level rise depends on the future of the Greenland Ice Sheet. Whether the ice sheet has melted in the past is irrelevant. We are now more coastally adapted, and less adaptable as a species than ever. Changes in weather patterns are certainly probable and meaningful. But it doesn’t portend the end. There are other converging problems that may be as important as climate change, including the drawdown of rare minerals, the availability of fresh water, continued soil depletion, dependence on fossil fuels, ocean acidification, overpopulation, and the collapse of fisheries, to name a few.

As to fossil fuel consumption, the relevant statistic is the total carbon burned, not the rate of decline. But my guess is that we will burn all of the hydrocarbons that can be economically burned. I admire activists and I think we should do what we can. Either that, or just party on until the party’s over. The party, however, will eventually be over. The meek will inherit the earth.

2 Likes

How reliable is this?

I am still waiting to hear about how the West is going to fix global warming, when the biggest carbon emitters are from Asian countries who churn out new coal plants almost daily at this point.

Who’s arguing? I simply asked a question. If you can’t answer it, just say so.

Thanks for the post. A very astute analysis and a good read.

Thanks. Until we meet again.

Going from memory, only 1/7 of the climate papers in the 70s that predicted warming or cooling actually predicted cooling. The overwhelming consensus was warming.

So there’s no amount of carbon that humans can emit that can produce a greenhouse effect that affects climate? The simple physics as we understand it for the greenhouse effect is wrong?

Global Warming (and Liberalism) are religions run by zealots with no forgiveness and/or redemption for sinners, aka GW deniers.

We are living in the most stable climate this planet has seen in hundreds of thousands of years.

And if you are not a climate scientist, please don’t throw in your opinion, because it’s ■■■■■■■■■

So those who are not climate scientists shouldn’t throw out opinions that man made global warming is real either then rightr?

Huh? 10 char

You said if yoru not a climate scientists, don’t throw in your opinion.

so I asked:

Those who support man made global warming should NOT throw out opinions unless they are climate scientists?

The globe is warming, seems pretty credible.

The planet has definitely been warming since the end of the Little Ice Age in the 1850’s.

You edited that post, because it was gibberish.

Correct. We should rely on what climate scientists, people with PhDs, who have studied climate for their entire professional careers, say.

You are not a climate scientist. Keep your opinion to yourself.

See how that works? :stuck_out_tongue: