Is the Coronavirus panic really necessary?

…and?

THE FACTS: They’re both wrong to say the agencies have seen their money cut. Bloomberg is repeating the false allegation in a new ad that states the U.S. is unprepared for the virus because of “reckless cuts" to the CDC. Trump’s budgets have proposed cuts to public health, only to be overruled by Congress, where there’s strong bipartisan support for agencies such as the CDC and NIH. Instead, financing has increased.

1 Like

The only advice I have for you is relax. :wink:

Maybe people are forgetting the months of pants crapping in 2014 when a competent administration expertly handled the Ebola crisis and avoided a potential catastrophe.

When you see the current administrations level of competency and expertise, their words and actions and realizing they have no idea what they are doing and are only concerned about the politics and the stock market, we are probably being far too relaxed about the situation.

One more issue on your claims about lies.

In 2018, Trump fired Tim Bossert from the NSC. Part of his job was coordinating global pandemic response. He has not been replaced. Last year, Rear Admiral Tim Ziemer, the NSC’s Senior Director for Global Health Security and Pandemic Defense resigned and has not been replaced. Dr. Luciana Borio, the NSC’s Director for Medical and Biodefense Preparedness, left the Council in May of 2018 and has not been replaced.

These are the facts. The NSC had a professional staff prepared to assist the President in addressing pandemics and this team proved its effectiveness in enabling the Obama Adminsitration to respond to the last Ebola Outbreak.

If you want to talk about lies, you ought to have facts to back them up.

2 Likes

BING sucks.

No…it’s media driven.

Cool story. Don’t care.

Great advice. Since we’re exchanging advice, here’s mine. Too much time obsessing about politics is bad for the brain. Sometimes I walk away from this forum for a few days and forget about politics. You should do the same. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Google is owned by liberals, so by default they suck.

1 Like

No and. That is all. :smirk:

You say that like the number hasn’t been rapidly growing

It hasn’t really taken off like wildfire. I’m guessing it will peak in a few weeks, the start to decline. What about you?

1 Like

Don’t forget to take your own advice. :sunglasses:

I never forget anything. :sunglasses:

Nothing to see here folks!

The fact remains that overseas pandemic preparedness at CDC has been reduced 80% under Trump and that included eliminating all efforts for addressing pandemic threats coming from China. That would certain provide the necessary facts to support Bloomberg’s claim.

Stop trying to pretend this is a media issue. Why has Trump left EVERY NSC position that addresses health threats vacant?

1 Like

Ok, you do know the markets are panicking because Stupid-in-Chief did a terrible terrible terrible presser where he announced that you probably won’t die and hospitals provide rooms for these types of things.

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Please name one thing Democrats politicize that Republicans don’t.

Politcians politicize everything. It’s what they do.

Yes Sergey Brin is actually an indexing spider.

1 Like