Is the Coronavirus panic really necessary?

Is the panic necessary…yes. If you’re a lib and you want t take back power.

Sadly those that complain about lost economy are Bernie’s biggest supporters.

1 Like

You misunderstood the purpose of this thread. It is not meant as yet another insult forum. We already have about 10,000 of those. We can get by a little while without another. I gave my opinion. I was merely asking for yours. Fair enough? :blush:

The fact is 2% is a small number. Nobody should panic over something so small. Yeah, maybe in NYS, where there is such a large concentration of people, the numbers of fatalities will be large, but in rural areas the number will be miniscule.

1 Like

Do you agree with the AP?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/ap-fact-check-democrats-distort-coronavirus-readiness-69241167

As long as the US Govt gets to declare Medical Martial Law that’s all that matters.

I dunno, what does Wall Street think?

Worshiping politicians is an actual sickness.

2 Likes

Read it, then tell me if you agree. Then ask your next question. Fair enough?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/ap-fact-check-democrats-distort-coronavirus-readiness-69241167

Can’t help noticing they are…specially when AP is very left wing.

Which ones do you worship? Shifty? :joy:

1 Like

Would you like to comnpare communications and medical knowlede 1918 compared to 2010?

1 Like

Did I trigger you? Sorry. :sunglasses:

funding for the CDC’s global disease outbreak prevention efforts had been cut by 80%, including funding for the agency’s efforts in China.

30 million vs under 5k

Hmmmm

with that logic 30 million should be the end of the world today. Even though it wasn’t back then.

**[quote=“altair1013, post:1, topic:227541, full:true”]
There are over 7.5 billion people in the world. 80,000 of them have Coronavirus. This leaves over 7.5 billion people without Corona virus. Is that really a good reason to drain everyone’s 401K? Then we have websites such as the Drudge Report screaming like the sky is falling, trying to induce as much panic as they possibly can. As they always do.
In a few months, when all of this has died down and we have devastated everyone’s retirement accounts, will we be wondering why the we had to freak out over nothing?

It is impossible to think clearly while panicking. The first step, is to **STOP PANICKING!
[/quote]

Panic is what happens when people don’t trust God.

1 Like

I agree on both your points.

The funding for offshore threat control at CDC was cut by 80%. That is a fact.

One reason we are seeing the PANIC you are concerned about is the Trump administrations use of alternative facts – Kellyanne Conway’s term. Anyone who understands crisis management could see that the administration was setting itself up to be unable to be credible in a crisis.

Instead of arguing about the narrative, start putting out a message that is credible and clear – which means you cannot insist people calm down based the word salad Trump was spewing at yesterday’s press conference. And put a medical person in charge!

Didn’t the current morality rate mostly came from China’s stats? What’s the mortality rate in the US?

The AP nailed it.

I don’t think the panic is warranted.

2 Likes

Nope. I got triggered at the range last night. My shot grouping was really good. And my quick draw was hot too! But thanks for asking. Hey as long as we’re being polite, what do you think about this?

“The CDC’s response has been excellent, as it has been in the past,” said John Auerbach, president of the nonpartisan Trust for America’s Health, which works with government at all levels to improve the nation’s response to high-risk health crises. Some Democrats have charged that Trump decimated the nation’s public health leadership, but Auerbach said CDC’s top scientific ranks have remained stable during the past three years.

1 Like

My grouping was really good yesterday too. :+1: :grin: