Is Roe V Wade going to be overturned?

I am well aware of that, I was addressing the general political environment.

It is disingenuous to say 80% believer abortion should be legal under all or certain circumstances. Many believe it is okay for rape and incest, most are against abortion after the first trimester, most are against sex selection abortion, most are against using it for birth control, etc. It is a mixed bag, with many people all over the place. Many ‘prochoice’ people are against all of the above. Many prolifers are okay on giving exceptions for rape & incest.

thats not at all what the polls suggest.

closer, but still not there

most people support the right to abortion up to some arbitrary undefined point (which no one can agree on) and after that, except in cases of the mothers life or of rape or incest a complete ban.

Doesn’t matter. This removes all federal protection to abortion in any circumstance. And that is exactly how it will be conveyed. Abortion has never been “any circumstance” in this country. Now it can be “no circumstance.”

2 Likes

and they’ll lose california.

You all couldn’t be more wrong about whatever it is you think will happen.

And they’ll gain enough states and votes to pass an abortion rights bill through congress, expand or redefine the courts, or a combination of the two.

2 Likes

Yeah, let us know how that turns out.

lol… leftist fantasy land

Texas seems to be doing alright so far.

Any thoughts on the lives of the unborn that will be saved??

Right, that is fine. California can pass its infanticide bill, and some Southern states can ban abortion, it is part of democracy/ If you want a federal right, you can attempt to get a constitutional amendment to make it legal under all circumstances, if you want to ban abortion, you can put in for a constitutional amendment to ban abortion under all circumstances. If not, let the people decide from each state.

5 Likes

Roe is going down. We are already there. The Court has tacitly overturned it by allowing Red states to enact onerous anti-abortion laws. I would be frankly glad if the Court simply makes it official.

The reality is that Red state women will flock to blue state abortion providers, or use legal or illicit abortion pills that are now the most common way to do abortions.

I’m sure women will looove the GOP for this.

1 Like

Why? We’ll all see it. That’s the great thing. There’s no escaping the inevitable outcome to which this will lead.

2 Likes

I am more concerned with the humans who are already born. Poverty will skyrocket. Kids in the system will also skyrocket.

But hey, this is what conservatives want.

3 Likes

Correction…conservatives who don’t have pregnant daughters who made a mistake.

2 Likes

Any thoughts on the woman this will effect the most?

1 Like

Poor women who can’t afford out of state services.

3 Likes

No doubt this is political hot potato for repugs.

Texas is doing fine because…

“Mail-order pills and trips out of state are helping Texas women who want to terminate a pregnancy but can’t under the state’s new abortion restrictions.”

2 Likes

Political Suicide

1 Like