Is Roe V Wade going to be overturned?

No, but you will see republicans falling over themselves to enact abortion bans in the states they run.

I seriously hope Roe is overturned

2 Likes

All of Hannityā€™s ā€œexpertsā€ are saying it tosses it back to the states.

Is anyone else uncomfortable with leaking at the beginning of May coming out from the Supreme Court when decisions arenā€™t made public sometimes until the end of June?

I expect the crazies on both sides will now be camped out at that building. Strikes me that this is an attempt to undermine the process of the court.

3 Likes

Iā€™m very uncomfortable about that being leaked.

1 Like

Shannon Bream who has covered the court for a long time is saying this looks and sounds like a draft that is a long way from a final decision.

3 Likes

It is a long way from a final opinion, the first clue being that no dissents or concurrences are present in the draft.

If this is a test balloon leak, it would be the next rational step after it really seemed that the court was already following publicity polls to make its decision. Like in the gay marriage decision where they suddenly evolved when the polling changed.

I donā€™t know that it is but it would be quite the scandal.

in some states, yes. and the people in those states elected them to do just that. you think an abortion ban will pass in OH, PA or MI? not likely. they wonā€™t even try it. Some idiot will propose it, but it will die quickly.

So Iā€™m curious as to your thoughts on how this effects the processā€¦

Are we going to see a crisis in the Supreme Court seeking the leaker?

Could this actually de rail the process of getting a decision on this issue?

I canā€™t imagine we arenā€™t going to have protesters amassing in front of the Court.

Thank you

(Not asking your thoughts on the issue but rather on the impact on the process).

2 Likes

of course it is. my guess it it came from some wise latinaā€™s office

@Rodeo these are not sarcastic likes

It will NOT effect the process towards releasing the final opinion in this case.

But the Supreme Court will be disrupted in the process of finding the leaker. And they will do what is necessary to find the individual and destroy him if he is a member of the bar.

2 Likes

Bubble? Look at national attitudes toward abortion. 80% believe abortion should be legal under all or certain circumstances. This will be see as an all circumstance ruling, which it is because it is what it allows. This will be the main or a main issue in every election to come until that 80% in favor changes or federal pro choice legislation passes.

Good luck.

Donā€™t forget, 5 of the 9 Justices were appointed by presidents that lost the popular vote.

Nice system we have hereā€¦

This will guarantee a huge Democrat turnout for midterms. Whatā€™s next? Birth control? Same sex marriage?

As I recall, the justices stated that Roe was settled law during confirmation hearings. This court has lost legitimacy.

5 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve picked their hill to die on.

2 Likes

Long term polling on the issue.

Note that the largest plurality is those that think it should be legal ā€œunder certain circumstances.ā€

Larger than the plurality that thinks it should be legal in all circumstances.

Much larger than the plurality that thinks it should be illegal in all circumstances.

Bottom line, the general public wants a compromise on this issue.

Generally legal before viability but not after.

And supporting some restrictions and burdens but not others.

Unfortunately, it is the FRINGE on BOTH sides which dominate the political parties.

Just not possible to negotiate a compromise.

So some States will be closed to abortions.

Others will be abortion sanctuaries.

Unfortunately, but that is just the way it is.

1 Like

lolā€¦ not even close. abortion on demand will still be completely legal in any state that wants it that way. do you think people in alabama give a ā– ā– ā– ā–  if a majority of californians donā€™t like their laws? iā€™m sure the histrionics will be epic. at the end of the day however, most states wonā€™t change their laws much.

2 Likes

Roe and Casey set circumstances for abortion. States could and did ban abortion after viability if there were exceptions for maternal life and health. Roe and Casey rulings did not allow for abortion in all circumstances.

Good .

Whoā€™s in the bubble? You think the actions of a state will only have an impact in that state? It will cast a light on conservatives/Republicans that will be seen on all conservative/Republicans. Local, state, national, they will all be the same.