Is Minnesota in play?

Okay.

Not quite.

If no one qualifies as the winner by January 20, the the Speaker will temporarily act as President and a new President is chosen by the House (with one vote per state, not one vote per Rep) and the VP is selected by the Senate.)

Check the - IIRC - 22nd Amendment.

Hope this helps.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

I just checked and I had not realized/forgotten how close 2016 was in Minnesota. I guess they really are trending purple - and that color obviously looks as great on them as any :purple_circle:

1 Like

Out of the 20 states that Hillary won in 2016, Minnesota is the only Hillary state that is in play during this election. I thought that NH would be another Hillary state would be in play, but it is not with Biden up from NH by 9.7 points. Link.

RCP average has Biden +5.3 and includes the Trafagar poll.

Yes it does. Thanks WorldWatcher.

I read the poll, one would chuckle with how biased the questions are that were asked by this hack poll.

NH is in play.

Polls won’t matter there.

I’m kind of not surprised, either.

Folks are out for themselves and will turn on a dime when the tide turns against their self interests.

The mouth breathers are.

It is not in play.

That being stated, Biden and the DNC could ■■■■ it up.

Good thing the GOP is running certifiables like Messner, Bolduc, Mayberry and Testermann as a primary fight for Sununu.

I remembered all you forum libs laugh and ridiculed me when I said Rustbelt was in play…back in July/Aug of 2015 on ward. And they continued to laugh and ridiculed me right up to election day.

A you all know I got the last laugh.

Is Minnesota in play…yes it is.

And here is wake up call for all you libs out there. Illinois might be in play. As of now thou Biden will etch out a win by about 4 percent.

Congressional seats is another matter.

Biden will win IL by 4% ?

If they keep allowing these riots in the cities run by lib mayors to go on a lot of states are going to be in play.

People are rapidly getting fed up with the lawless nonsense.

1 Like

It might push conservative-leaning independents who are otherwise disgusted with Trump to back him, but I think you vastly over-estimate the lawn order appeal to people who have really starting to understand police violence, racial inequity ir Trumpian corruption.

Illinois is Not in play. Link

What Project 538 thinks, don’t go by, go by the actual polls.

Yes it is at least for now,: RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden

Average lead is only 6.9 points, that is not insurmountable. Polls range from a one point lead to a 10 point lead, which means it actually is in play.

1 Like

Yeah…that’s what I’ve figuring. Keep in mind their isn’t a third party this year. Green and libertarian received about 5 percent back in 2016.

That and there are couple counties that Hillary barely won. Between the suburbs and possible 5 to 10 percent swing in Black vote Biden is screwed.

Now having said that it’s still to early to see congressional/Senate races. I do wish repugs picked up 2 more seats in 2018. I would feel better going in to this election if they had.

Yes…I said might.

538 missed what I seen back in 2016. I called Mich, Wis, Pa and possibly Minn. It was close in Minn. In MInn about 7 percent chose third party.

I see Trump is closer to Biden then he was back with Hillary in 2016. :wink: