Is Limbaugh right about this?

This is a transcript from a show:

Like during the campaign of 2016, I—folks, I ran the gamut of emotions on this. When Trump said that he had seen a picture of Ted Cruz’s dad standing next to Lee Harvey Oswald, I said, “What the hell is this?” And I thought he’s going to have to walk this back. Ted Cruz’s dad had something to do with the assassination of JFK? He never walked it back. But more importantly, he never asserted it himself.

He simply said it was out there and that people ought to know—and with virtually every conspiracy theory that Trump touts, he doesn’t actually tout them himself. He spreads them and he—under the guise of people need to know about this, and it’s his way of jamming them up. It’s his way of teasing him. It’s his way of getting these conspiracy theories out there.

For example, as a way of illustrating, do you think—Mr. Snerdley, do you think Trump cares whether Scarborough murdered anybody or not? No, of course he doesn’t care. So why is he tweeting it? Well, because it’s out there. He didn’t make it up. It’s long been out there that this death has something suspicious about it.

So Trump is just throwing gasoline on a fire here, and he’s having fun watching the flames—and he’s having fun watching these holier-than-thou leftist journalists react like their moral sensibilities have been forever rocked and can never recover.

Is this a consensus among conservatives?

No such thing as a consensus among conservatives, or liberals, or [insert-snazzy-group-name-invented-on-the-TV-here].

In short - no. :wink:

Do you think this describes Trump behavior accurately?

Yes…

He often says, “people are saying”. Then discernment is on the drum of the beholder. :sunglasses:

Isn’t this exact opposite of what a leader should do?

He’s not a leader. None of them are.

1 Like

He’s in a leadership position. Doing the exact opposite a leader should do. He should be fired ASAP.

Keeping him there and claiming they are all the same makes no sense.

1 Like

November is right around the corner. Good luck.

It should be easy. Who in their right mind would want to keep a leader who does the exact opposite of what they should?

I’m still looking for that rule book that show exactly what a leader ‘should’ do.

Trump is doing his job… He’s bringing the chaos. The question is…What is order going to look like?

Perhaps NOT spreading conspiracy theories?

Perhaps NOT throwing gasoline on flames just to have fun?

Real Libs are marching in real streets throwing real gasoline bombs causing real fire.

And they are astroturfed bussed in libs in lib cities, in lib states.

Smell anything, everyone else does.

1 Like

What Limbaugh describes is what Trump and what most of the media is doing. They should both stop.
As I have said since early 2016, Trump needs to give up Twitter. Maybe it is giving him up.

Clearly, then, you have no aspirations for leadership, if those are your criteria. Disqualify yourself from suitability for leadership by your own standard if you wish.

But the President is not subject for office to your whimsical opinions on leadership, and is not obliged to adopt your standards. Which legislation or official guidelines that apply to the presidency regarding leadership behaviour has Trump transgressed?

I agree. He is sewing the seeds of discord, division, hatred and rage like any tyrant wannabe.

You should have seen the riots he helped instigate in Ferguson? Oh…wait… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You must be referring to all of these mayors that have led their cities into violence? Have you noticed the “D” pattern that’s in front of all of their names. I wonder why? What is the common denominator of Democrat policies that is inciting all of this violence…and…what are they going to do about it?

That’s out of the Fox news play book…“Some people are saying” is one of their favorite tactics. And it always ticks me off when a host would say that and the guest never says “Who? Who’s saying that?” Just letting fhem throw it out there without backing it up…