Is Ivermectin an existential threat?

There is ivermectin for human consumption. I don’t know if it would help a covid patient but there is ivermectin for humans in several forms & has been for years. It’s used for mostly parasites.

1 Like

Not at all. It’s an ignorant partisan rant. Just like with Hydroxychloroquine the left smeared & censored any information about it because Trump thought it might work.

There are doctors saying now that if Hydroxychloroquine had been administered at early onset of the virus 80,000 more Americans would be alive today. If true there is a LOT of blood on the left’s hands.

Dr. Stephen Smith: COVID-19 Patients Died Because of Bogus Lancet Study that Disparaged Hydroxycholorquine (VIDEO) (thegatewaypundit.com)

2 Likes

Numerous medications are used in human and veterinary applications. What is your point?

1 Like

I have heard that some people are having great success with Dinovite and Pupperoni. Snausages are still being evaluated.

3 Likes

You make jokes because you can’t actually refute.

1 Like

I give my dog Heartguard and her existence seems unthreatened.

Like @Munimula1 said, did your dog get covid? Then heart guard works :rofl:

1 Like

I did refute in posts # 2 and #3.

No. That isn’t how drugs are evaluated.

Widely available is what the articles say, not that it would not be available at all. And it became widely available in April/May 2021, not the end of 2020. Still amazing progress, though.

It was that time.

1 Like

No, studies were done, and the conclusions were that hydroxychlotoquin is not effective in treating COVID.

Umm - yeah - my sister tried Ivermectin when she had Covid. Within 2 hours she was in the hospital.

When will people learn these idiotic “home remedies” don’t work.

Might as well inject yourself with disinfectant as one illustrious former president suggested.

6 Likes

Notice that all the people suggesting all these wierd things never say they tried it themselves… funny how that is.

3 Likes

The Union Health Ministry and Family Welfare’s directorate general of health services (DGHS) has issued revised guidelines to stop the use of Ivermectin and Doxycycline in Covid-19 treatment. The new guidelines have dropped all medicines, except antipyretic and antitussive, for asymptomatic and mild cases.

UPDATE: Interesting video on the extent of censorship in the US aimed a preventing evaluation of Ivermectin.

The only interesting part is people still take this guy seriously. Even after he predicted the death of Biden, Sanders or Trump from COVID. Even after he said there was a “good chance” Republicans would be hunted and dead within a year if Biden won. Even after he used a mass shooting to promote his app.

I guess many on the Right find this kind of stuff endearing:

The reality is that women are treated differently by society for exactly the same reason that children and the mentally handicapped are treated differently. It’s just easier this way for everyone. You don’t argue with a four-year old about why he shouldn’t eat candy for dinner. You don’t punch a mentally handicapped guy even if he punches you first. And you don’t argue when a women tells you she’s only making 80 cents to your dollar. It’s the path of least resistance. You save your energy for more important battles.

The “genius” Dilbert guy sure seems like a winner with everything else he dose. Add expert on avermectin family anti-parasite medications and coronavirus to the list. I guess if the Right puts that much stock in the words of a pillow salesmen, it’s not unreasonable to fall in line with a comic strip artist.

I’d be happy to discuss the underlying idiocy of an avermectin being used as an antiviral, but what’s the point?

2 Likes

The video has nothing to do with the Scott Adams. It is about censorship of Ivermectin research in the US, which is in a “media lockdown”.

Watch the video and get back if you have any real comments.

Scott Adams! LOLOLOL

It’s a repost by Adams on his “Coffee with Scott Adams” locals.com page. The great thing is, unless you pay $7 a month to “support” Scott Adams, you can’t follow the link by SpookyMulder that he shared.

So, yes, it does have everything to do with Scott Adams. There’s no way I’m giving him $7 to follow a link to a video he finds important.

2 Likes