Is it time to start suppressing conservative media?

NPR? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, I am against any nations outside manipulations of our way of life. Especially when that suggestion manipulates the constitution.

I would like that to happen. By the chances are zeeero. I’m not sure why we need to run up the debt for NPR.

1 Like

I think you would find that most of the liberals and those of us never Trump conservatives…have a firm belief in freedom of speech and the first amendment. We are far from the dangerous leftists Trumpcons make us out to be.

Are you really a conservative? Can you give me a few examples of how your views line up with conservatives?

One of the things I’ve enjoyed in business is recognizing what is generating revenue by enough to justify the expense vs what is fat? It’s can be a very complicated subject but it’s what separates the businessmen from the business boys.

Regarding government…cutting fat is a target rich environment and I’d love to have a crack at it.

My posts in this thread.

I could give more. If you knew anything about my 17 years of posting here, you’d know that. But because I have chosen not to be a trump con…you label me a lib.

2 Likes

Since Breitbart “fail[s] to gather and present information responsibly”, here is that actual GMF article (I think its the one BB is referring to): https://www.gmfus.org/blog/2020/10/12/new-study-digital-new-deal-finds-engagement-deceptive-outlets-higher-facebook-today

This link should be added to the OP.

I stand in firm support of the 2nd amendment. I am a proud gun owner. However, we need to do more to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

I suppose that makes me a lib huh?

Maybe that crew in the morning. The talking heads at night are all doom and gloom. Just like the Potus.

If you support twitter and Facebook censorship then they also support censorship of the media/FOX.

Don’t let libs BS you into thinking otherwise.

1 Like

Restricted by who?

I wouldn’t say “most,” especially during a year when The Atlantic advocated for Chinese-style censorship and the New York Times pruned the centrists from their editorial board. The less said about college campuses the better, but “woke” speech codes are now infesting mainstream media. Even if I may vehemently disagree with some of the opinions posted here, those posters are still actively engaging in discussion. That makes them a cut above “mainstream” progressive thought, and the unfortunate exception to the new rules.

Of course violence is never the answer, and that video clearly shows that the man who was hit did not deserve such treatment.

Not having seen the video though, I could imagine some situations where punching a guy in the mouth was appropriate. If for example, he was saying something like “I’l gonna shoot this place up!” or something like that.

So, someone comes into the town hall and says “I’m gonna blow this place up!” Or some such thing…free speech? Do nothing?

And being honest, I think a lot of people would find it hard to restrain from violence if, for example, a group of people marched through their streets chanting ‘Jews will not replace us’ or other such vile things…but that does’t excuse violence. Just being honest.

I still am curious what he said.

This is true. But there is so little ‘news’ on fox news, it’s much easier to have an upbeat show.

And this is why they are successful.

Looks like no one here supports the supression of conservative media.

Posts are removed here every single day. Is that censorship?

2 Likes

LOL horse muffins.

Yes, and perfectly permissible because it is a privately-owned website.