Is it time to put some Common Sense Restrictions on International Travel?

Was discussing shipping to Africa and Europe tonight and of course CCPV came up in discussion.

It costs us several hundred dollars in health testing and it’s a very rigorous process requiring testing and certification by an approved vet, TVMA, and USDA as well as the destination country. It can in fact take several months of testing and retesting, required vaccinations being recorded and all of this just to prevent the spread of disease among both pets and livestock.

CCPV has cost hundreds of thousands of lives already and the Southern Hemisphere is just now moving into their traditional respiratory infection season so who knows what the numbers will be by September/October as our new season begins.

Many of us have expressed concerns for years or decades about how we’re just one flight from the next pandemic and as bad as this one has been it could have been far worse.

Is this going to be enough to put similar regulations in place for human travelers to protect Human Life and our own as well as the World’s economy?

If not, what will it take?

CCPV…I’ve noticed that popping up lately, what CEC website or show coined that one?

No, I Coined it right here.

In the past weeks, we have seen numerous Americans respond to requirements that they wear face masks in public as a totally unacceptable infringement on personal and civil liberties.

How are restrictions on international travel not a. similar infringement on freedom?

Nobody but a US citizen has a right to ravel to the US period.

The Fed’s have absolute regulatory control of the Airline Industry and always have.

We have no right period to board any commercial flight, it’s always a heavily regulated privilege and has been since The earliest days of the industry.

1 Like

No you didn’t.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS854US854&sxsrf=ALeKk03mntaZ5HSF2DJFqSNR9yeAc7AQRg%3A1588594405164&ei=5QawXvvLCe6E_QaeyqRQ&q="chinese+communist+party+virus"&oq="chinese+communist+party+virus"&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIICAAQFhAKEB46BAgjECc6CAgAEAgQChAeUJgfWKUxYPAyaABwAHgAgAGlAYgBxwKSAQMyLjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwi70tipl5rpAhVuQt8KHR4lCQoQ4dUDCAw&uact=5

2 Likes

en since The earliest days of the industry.
[/quote]

“Absolute regulatory control”. I get it. This is one of the many instances where conservatives believe the federal government should regulate the free market. Silly me…I thought markets were supposed to be self regulating.

1 Like

Closed Circuit Party Virus?

2 Likes

Concerned Citizens Patrol Virus?

2 Likes

Yes I did, about 4-6 weeks ago, go bother someone else or maybe try the forum search engine for it’s first use here.

There is no free market in commercial air travel. Every aspect of it has been subsidized, regulated, and controlled since day one when the gov’t started building airports for commercial travel hubs.

the first time you used here was April 4

it was being used on Twitter in March.
https://twitter.com/gnosleahcim/status/1241766452132265986?s=20

there was even a petition on WhiteHouse.gov dated March 20.
The White House

you didn’t “coin” it.

1 Like

Good catch.

2 Likes

Ridiculous that this post even had to be made…

4 Likes

Where, for example, have you been seeing this crop up lately?

Well, that was a quick delete.

examples have already been given, no need for redundant posts.

You think those constitutes popping up everywhere to it’s some vast CEC plot to use the word?

Unless you specifically visit those two examples you don’t see the word.

You know darn well you had to Google Fu the ■■■■ out if that to find those. It’s not like it pops up in every conversation being made on what you all term the “CEC”.
:roll_eyes:

you’re the only one to use the word “everywhere”.

Glad to know poppy up lately equates to two obscure links that someone would have to search for to even see.