Is it time to move beyond Covid talking points?

and the fact remains. 13% of the country is vaccinated. how can you claim all vulnerable are vaccinated?

But history does. We should err on the side of caution. Why would anybody want to risk the lives of others?

Forever.

1 Like

the variants are a concern going forward. covid is not going away, it will be an annual thing like the flu. though in its current form, not as bad once vaccination is complete. we should hope going forward that the vaccines are effective against any variants that come about, or that variants get milder.

as for the rest, yeah, thats part of it, but the greater part i believe is just that politically, they’re invested in it. if people figure out that 3/4 of what we’ve been put through is ■■■■■■■■ that did nothing, they’re not going to be happy about those who put us through it.

me not having covid does not put anyone at risk

That’s exactly what happened too. Variants are a concern but people will not put up with the draconian lockdowns the left wants to continue based on possibilities based on variants.

In fact DeSantis Made all the draconian blue state govs look bad especially the ones who threw infected people into nursing homes.

1 Like

I think most of what we did had a positive impact on covid.

Look tt NJ or NY chart - you see the curve go way down - hell, in the summer, we had days with 0 deaths in NJ. That happened because we all liked down. And the as we loosened up, our curve went up again.

I’m sure some stuff was more important than others, but you can’t say our mitigation efforts weren’t effective.

Haaa…long day yesterday of my nose in my computer. Must have been a spelling override I didn’t catch. But now that I see it, it’s kind of funny. :rofl:

Mother Nature is callous. Pointing that out is not callous.

historically vaccines are about 50% effective

complete ■■■■■■■■■ the curve went down because the percentage of people who gained immunity went high enough to hit the natural plateau where they drop off. when that immunity wore off enough to provide the vectors it went up again. just like everywhere else. if lock downs worked, they’d work everywhere, they don’t. this is real simple science, ca/fl. most strict lock down vs no lock down=same result. if lock downs worked that wouldn’t be possible. simple fact, if you lock down long enough the numbers will eventually come down, it has nothing to do with locking down, but it may look like it. if you stay open long enough the numbers will eventually go up, that has nothing to do with being open either. the numbers would go up and down regardless according to the diseases natural progression. social distancing and masks slow it, but nothing will stop it or change the progression.

are sweeden and brazil so much worse off than the rest of the world that it shows killing our economies and jobs was worth it? or are they just somewhere in the middle of the pack? how is that possible? why aren’t there 2M dead in brazil? why aren’t there 1M dead in sweeden?

Yeah, that’s simply not true. At no point during this pandemic did any US location have enough people infected to have a herd immunity induced reduction in community transmission.

yes, they did. scientist in brazil determined its about 25%. enough to plateau then drop. 4 months later, back up. same everywhere.

eta… i think their 25% number is a bit low. and its not herd immunity, its a kind of partial herd immunity which does not last

The currently believe natural immunity to covid from infection lasts at least 6-9 months.

no they don’t. 3 months minimum up to maybe nine. in most cases the antibodies are gone in 4 months. its irrelevant though because memory t and b cells mean if you recovered once, you’re most likely to recover again, only faster, if you have symptoms at all.

1 Like

so then why would cases and deaths spike 4 months after a decline if herd immunity is the cause of the reduction?

I wondered if you meant definitely? That is the only thing I could have figured in it’s place. LOL

I’d have to disagree. I would agree that mother nature is harsh on us…always, but it’s like saying your old or sick…so you got this coming to you. Is that really what you want people to take from this?

Name one state where the vulnerable population has not had enough time to get vaccinated. Good luck. Nobody over 65 or with existing conditions deemed to be Covid critical has not had the opportunity to get a shot. Go ahead, name your state. I’ll wait. At least for a little while.

That’s how I can claim it.
:grin:

What is your argument in favor of not providing current hard data? Millions of people have been totally vacinated for over two months. How many of them have been hospitalized with the Rona? I’m guessing that number is zero, since the feds refuse to tell us.

Why should I have to guess? This is stupid.