Is it really about tick-tock time on TikTok in the USA?

Tik Tok is a fictional character in the Oz books by L. Frank Baum. He’s widely considered to be one of the first robots. He appears in the cult classic 1985 film Return to Oz.

1 Like

It isn’t. Or it barely is, at least.

1 Like

Are you for or against the USA forcing TikTok current ownership to divest of its USA platform?

Here is an update today by Fox News making it seemingly possible for something that works for all concerned:

The ban is coming soon…tic…toc…tic…toc…tic…toc… :sunglasses:

Yet trump is still letting uranium be sold to russia…

1 Like

I think it’s pretty clear by now that Trump believes his base to be a bunch of ninny dupes.

1 Like

The DNC should hold their convention on TikTok

Anyone that would vote for Biden…obviously have to be more lost than him? :sunglasses:

Biden Ban, Biden campaign had all staff remove the app from their phones.

Do you read all of the Terms of Service before you click the “I agree” button?

I know this wasn’t directed towards me - but since I made essentially the same point as Samson_Corwell did, I’d answer the somewhat non-sequitur question you asked him.

I don’t care at all.

You think you’re being sarcastic but it’s not a bad idea.

1 Like

Yeah there’s all kinds of messed up stuff. If you use Google’s “free” word processing program-I forget the name of it-and what you write makes a ton of money, Google can sue you because they own any intellectual property written on it. So like if JK Rowling had written the first Harry Potter novel on that instead of the backs of napkins stained with her own tears, boom, Google owns Harry Potter.

No one reads the terms of service.

That’s a great point, I agree most people don’t bother to look at terms. Being especially with this particular app under legal age minors are apparently the most frequent users. So even if TikTok expects in court to prevail relying on these agreements being clicked, it is doubtful the courts will have mercy on TikTok if it is apparent that they also sold parents very sensitive information like ssn#, bank account info, etc. Add consumers in class actions suit’s lawyer’d up and the civil settlements would be potentially huge.

No. That has nothing to do with what we wre discussing though.

I created the thread-topic we are discussing, and asked others to chime in on their take.

Impressive, seriously.

It would also tend to reduce your support in that demographic of enrolled voters.

Lol now Trump is trying to extort Microsoft for a cut of the TikTok sale. Publicly.

Time to rearrange your positions to the new orders of the day.