Is China eating our lunch?

Clearly Biden is a China puppet.

Incapable of offering them any opposition…even a strongly worded letter or tweet.

1 Like

A pretty good article about manufacturing costs. As it points out, the problem is scale to meet production requirements. And please don’t blame the government about allowing goods to be sold here. WalMart, Target and the others are dependent on products made in China. And those companies control a lot of the narrative.

1 Like

That is a ignorant statement.
In 2020 the US spent $778B and China Spent $252B
We have always had the best stuff. And we will continue to do so.
We can kick anyone’s butt 20 times over. China can’t.

Categorically false.

The CIA created a new unit to focus on China, calling it a “key rival.”

CIA Dir. William Burns said China is the “most important geopolitical threat” the US faces.

The Biden admin. has made countering China the centerpiece of its foreign policy agenda.

Sam Walton used to brag in his Walmart stores that the products he sold, were made in America. They then “became” dependent on China because of what the government allowed. This doesn’t nullify government complicity, it exacerbates it.

1 Like

I see someone doesn’t understand market economy of either nations.

2 Likes

The corporation that I worked for in the 1970’s was one of the first to sell high tech equipment to China. I started going there in the late 70’s. And I went to China at least twice a year for the next three decades.
So I know a bit about the China high tech sector and how it was regulated by the US.

2 Likes

D’OH!!

Looks like a white paper from Apple to rationalize sweat shops.

1 Like

5 Likes

It’s not all about money. It’s also where that money is directed.

China has put a very focus on area denial capabilities. Hypersonic cruise missiles and large numbers of traditional supersonic anti ship missiles. They are in the process of building a fleet of fairly good 5th generation fighters that, unlike ours, actually have legs. Meaning they have excellent range. And they’ll carry anti ship missiles. Plus a new generation of attack submarines that come pretty close to the Virginia class.

They don’t intend to ever invade the US or even fight us in the vast expanses of the Pacific. They will fight us in their backyard, the South China Sea. It’s evident with their buildup. And if their plans work out, they’ll be able to fight us to a stalemate.

Because in a modern high tech war between nation states, we have reached a point where neither side can risk losing all of their equipment. All of our assets, as well as theirs, is astronomically expensive and difficult to build. We built 187 F-22s, and that took nearly 8 years to finish the production run. Aircraft carriers take five years (assuming they don’t run into issues like the Gerald R Ford has) to construct 1. Same goes for the Chinese and their equipment.

They know this. Their objective, if our Cold War ever goes hot and stays non-nuclear (which benefits the Chinese since we have a marked advantage there) is that they want to lure us into the South China Sea. That’s where the war will be waged and they will have a key advantage.

It brings their land based hypersonic missiles into play. Their Chengdu J-20s have the range to reach our carrier battle fleets from the mainland and their numerous island bases. Remember each plane will be carrying a number of supersonic anti-ship missiles with good range. Combine those assets, along with their modernizing submarine force as well their carrier force (which stands at two now, but 7 or 8 more are planned in the next 12 years) and they would be a worthy and very difficult opponent.

Our point defense systems are excellent, but they wouldn’t be able to stop a barrage of hundreds of both hypersonic and supersonic cruise missiles. Some would get through the defense network. Say we have three carriers in the immediate battle zone. Say all three are sunk. That’s 15 years of construction lost, plus about 25 billion dollars, and most importantly 12,000 naval personnel who are extremely difficult to replace.

Yes, if the war occurred in the expanses of the Pacific or they attempted to attack the US directly we would defeat them. But in their own backyard… it’s hard to say who would actually win. Most likely scenario is that we destroy each other’s air and naval assets in the South China Sea at the beginning. But they have their reserves close by. Whereas ours has to transfer from other areas. That’s a solid few weeks in which they take Taiwan.

1 Like

Is China eating our lunch?

Wrong question.

Are the ChiComs tipping the Democrats enough for serving them our lunch is more like it.

4 Likes

Like I said…buried in an unaccountable agency that would rather monitor social media for mean tweets.

I would be more impressed with a mean tweet…even a slightly negative towards CCP tweet.

Well put. Those are the enablers.

China is the number one focus of the CIA and you say we are doing nothing LOL. That’s ■■■■■■■ delusional.

Not exactly.

Biden is doing nothing.

CIA is doing almost nothing. Far less than the CCP spies in US business and universities and government.

When I see more tariffs and US produced goods then I will say China has been forced to take a step back.

…and in this area, I’m confident you have an expertise but that doesn’t make up the brunt of our discussion that happened decades later…under Clinton and Bush 2…

You haven’t the SLIGHTEST idea what the CIA is doing. Making China their number one priority suggests, very strongly I might add, that they are doing something, and a lot if it. But you’d rather have a mean tweet, I get it.

After 50 years in DC there is zero reason to think the outsourcing to China will change or their military inroads will be deterred.

Biden has been helping China along for a very long time. There is no covert CIA help coming…ever.

Baseless predictions lol.