Is baseball commissioner making a statement against Georgia?

On Saturday, the Braves defeated the Dodgers to win National league pennant. Yet at the postgame award ceremony the top baseball executive Rob Manfred was nowhere to be found.

Taking the All Star game from Atlanta this year in protest of Georgia passing new election laws was bad enough. Now apparently their woke ways continue…

Please share your thoughts.

1 Like

Was Manfred in Houston when the Astros clinched against the Red Sox?

1 Like

mlb and manfred owe an apology to the people of Georgia, and manfred should resign.

They knew better and still caved to the idiot left.

They’re lucky they still have the fans they have.

Not woke to protest bad laws.

Actually it’s in the constitution.

Allan

True, but not because of this.

Much like Biden who probably directs his DOJ to only enforce the “good” laws and essentially ignore those who violate the “bad” laws…

It’s not treason???

1 Like

Sports should stay out of politics, period.

1 Like

They are both interwoven in American culture.

How do we have nascar fans chanting “let’s go Brandon”

Or nots let forget the fan unfurling the “trump won” banner at a Yankees game.

Allan

1 Like

I’m not talking about fans. Fans have nothing to do with the league and the leagues have no control over what fans do. I’m talking about the league itself. They have control over what they do. They should stay out of politics. So should entertainers outside of sports.

1 Like

Oh so sports leagues should just stay out of politics even though they are effected by it.

Allan

Typically they do, as their fan base’s are pro-dominant bi-partisan.

The jerk commissioner is probably mad as heck that the Braves are in the series after he moved the all star game away to pacify Fat Stacy and the dems.

I think it funny as all get out! Break out that Tomahawk Chop the Brave fans love. :joy:

Doubtful- National & American league officials are usually there for LCS championships, not MLB commisioner.

But it makes for some good poutrage, doesn’t it?

4 Likes

A league is in no way shape or form affected by election laws, abortion laws, or even jay walking laws. Individual entertainers risk polarizing their fanbase, which would be idiotic. But hey, don’t let me stop you.

2 Likes

Politicians make law effecting sports teams, not those specifics one but others…

Allan

Baseball owners still has a special anti-trust exemption so they are wise to be careful here with not crossing Congress.

Yes…not their ■■■■■■■ place.

Probably not, Texas and Georgia screwed this up for everybody.

The Commissioner of MLB is an ■■■■■■■ and by his capitulation to the wokies has shown everybody he has no cujones either. ■■■■ him and I hope it’s a fantastic series and the fans in both Atlanta and Houston cheer ■■■■■ Joe Biden” every game!
In the end I hope Dusty Baker wins a pennant.

2 Likes