Is America in Decline?-A Culture Wars Discussion

I disagree. It is still “morally expected” of them to be good mothers? And no matter what others say, “good mother” requires presence. Especially in the formative years.

Are we raising good sons with mothers not staying at home, at least early on, say the first 7 years?

There are trade offs, consequences, for everything we choose. They will remember everytime we were there, very little of what we bought them.

Are women raising good sons without a man in the home on a consistent basis?

It doesn’t take a village, but it does take a woman and a man. And it’s not 50/50. Ever. It is an ebb and flow based on circumstances and development.

A child is much better off from birth to 7 in a $100k home with a stay at home mother than in a $500k house with both parents working.

A child doesn’t care if the car he is riding with his dad to baseball practice is a 10 year old truck or a Tesla. Is dad going stay and watch practice? Even coach?

Our materialism and pathological need to keep up with the Bezos and Gates has warped our values. It’s also damaging our young.

There’s nothing wrong with striving for better, as long as we truly understand what “better” is and the consequences of what we’re trading off.

To me, there is no greater responsibility than raising a child. Especially a son, I’m biased. “Raising”, the definition, I believe we have lost as a society. I see it making a come back on social media, but I don’t know if it’s real or just clicks. I hope it’s real.

There has been a concerted effort to destroy the model for at least 3 generations now. Why? It’s not a “conspirac6 theory”, they openly say it. They are redefining what it is to be a man and a woman.

Without men and women, real men and women, classic definition, we are indeed doomed.

6 Likes

Having said all that, somebody has to go outside and provide. That is the role of the man.

I can’t provide and be home all day. Can I provide the necessary, enough, and be present when needed?

The Balance.

3 Likes

Why is “basis of sex” any worse than any other discriminating criteria.

If it is no longer true, why isn’t every employer hiring women first?

Sure.

Not give that same power to Gov Inc.

Is it better for corps to have the power or gov? For us.

Are morality and “rights” the same thing? Is it in the Gov Inc purview to protect a morality? Establish a morality?

Better think about that one, it’s not a cup of tea question.

1 Like

Bail outs for the rich and the people in DC along with their bought and paid for media demonizing those who complained.
Obama care fanned the flames. Those who passed it ignoring the voters who said stay out of my life.

1 Like

Look another Christian hater. Why do you think the left have decided to make Christians the evil people?

Tie that knee down.

There is nothing in that post that implies hate of Christian.

I’ve asked the mods to split from 6745 down into a new thread. This has become an interesting discussion, but it’s off topic.

Children raised by stay-at-home moms and intact families were better off than most children today. Most women do not go to work today because they want to. They go to work because that is the only way the bills get paid. And the ones losing are the children and society.
The most important job in the world has always been raising the next generation and giving them guidance.

1 Like

That really isn’t an answer.

How did President Obama disenfranchise half of Americans?

He was a major figure in the Tea Party.

I was here for it.

I remember

1 Like

You are wrong. Stay at home moms were demonized. They were shamed into leaving the care of their children in the hands of strangers.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The house select committee on Jan 6 Pt 2

There we go.

Science.

I am not wrong. Most of the women I went to high school with wanted to go to college and have careers. Most of them have succeeded in life.

Mmmmmm

At the expense of their families because a bunch of loser women told them that being a stay-at-home mom was something to be ashamed of.

1 Like

Radical feminism has done a lot of damage in a lot of places.

2 Likes