Is a drive-thru ban coming to your area?

There is NEVER a good roundabout!

Unless you “befriend” the bartender with your generosity. :wink:

You prefer stoplights? If there’s a stoplight I inevitably have to stop for it. With a roundabout I almost never have to stop, just slow down.

We have a lot of roundabouts in Maryland. A lot of people don’t understand them and they just stop. The two lane ones really perplex people.

Exactly.

Here in the elderly capital of the east, (either coast of Florida) half the drivers can’t even SEE the other cars on the road.

2 Likes

I took a while here for people to figure them out and I almost got smoked by a woman who clearly had never seen a roundabout before and decided to just go for it, but by now they’re running pretty smoothly.

They do however cut down on injuries and fatalities.

Never heard that before and I’ve been to nj a few times - not for 15 years though.

If someone told me that I’d be confused as hell.

1 Like

Yeah, I have to admit it’s getting better here too. Usually it’s out-of-Towners.

1 Like

I’ve never heard that phrase, jug handle. Makes sense though.

Utah has some “new” configurations for traffic control that I don’t even know what they’re called.

My favorite is the one (usually associated with interstate on/off ramps) directs traffic to the opposite side of the road (now you’re driving on the left instead of right) to facilitate smooth left turn access to the interstate with no opposing traffic.

That is called a diverging diamond and where I live at least, the one new one at a major on/off ramp has been a significant improvement.

Doesn’t help. The meters make it impossible for a ‘generous’ pour and it keeps track of shots served vs. shots paid for so a ‘generous pour’ is likely to show as a mismatch in the till.

Problem with Door Dash and all the other delivery services is that, at the present time, ANYONE can drive for them. People with a car sign up using an app, click a button to do a delivery, and get paid via paypal.

There’s no meetings between the driver and the “umbrella” employer, no vetting of these people. A criminal casing houses is just as likely to be delivering food to your home as anyone else.

I thought you meant those little silver spouts that just pour an exact amount in three or four seconds. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a “metered” bottle. Huh?

Diverging diamond… sounds like a yoga position. :laughing:

1 Like

“Diverging diamond”. I was wondering what it was called. We’ve got one here in Cheyenne off of I-25 and College (just in case anyone wants to know that) and It’s awful. Seems like some British thing that was brought to the States, without considering that we drive on the correct side of the road here…

Guess it depends on the intersection, or maybe you just hate it. This one near me has improved traffic flow and that’s all I care about. :slight_smile:

I think they’re silly. We’re getting quite a few in Cheyenne. Takes up twice as much space as a simple four-way light, and you still have to stop and wait if there’s lots of traffic, so what’s the point except that our roads all of a sudden have to match some ISO standard from Europe?

I have seen it on the news. I figured when I ran into it the first time I will be in the wrong lane for where I am going. Lol.