Is a drive-thru ban coming to your area?

I think they may have raised the content standards. Companies do not want to support the 3.2 standard because Utah (and I think a few other locales) don’t have a big enough market to justify the ‘special’ brews. If they haven’t raised it yet, I think it’s being considered.

Since the 2002 Olympics it’s become easier to get a “real” (metered) drink at most establishments.

Cancer and air pollution are insignificant to you? Okay.

Last year, the content went to 4.0 beer.

I do the same thing - pull through to next spot, unless I’m going to have a lot of groceries. It takes a lot more concentration in a crowded lot to have to back out.

No, the increased risk posed by being in a drive thru is though.

1 Like

Irrelevent in ~~20 years when most of cars are electric.

2004 the state did away with “private clubs”.

Before 2004 you had to buy a membership to a “private club” to have anything other than beer. You had to have a “sponsor” to get a membership. Usually a couple people would sit at a table by the door and if someone needed a Temporary (2 week) or year membership . . . they would sponsor them.

That’s cool. We had to go to a private club to get real drinks and they still mixed them with those little airport liquor bottles, perfectly metered every one.

That’s an improvement!

It’s not really the red lights that are unavoidable - it’s the other cars waiting for them and blocking the intersection. Those damn law-abiding citizens.

1 Like

You guys need to make your own Utah subforum

Some parts of New Jersey do that also. They’re called “jug handles”.

First time someone said “take the jug handle” I thought he was nuts, and I’m from NJ.

1 Like

We don’t know for sure how much cancer risk is increased by breathing pollution while driving. But we know for sure that inhaled pollution increases cancer risk, and we know for sure that sitting in drive-throughs increases inhaled pollution. Even if I’m only mitigating a slight risk, that’s not insignificant to me when all I have to do is go inside instead of sitting in a drive-through sucking up exhaust fumes.

I don’t have the particulars since I left Utah in 2001 and didn’t return for good until last year. I understood that changes were made to the ‘private club’ rules to accommodate the expected crowds coming for the Olympics.

Life would be a lot easier if I was the only one on the road when I wanted to go somewhere.

Actually you’re better off with mini-bottles. The meters measure a 1 oz shot. I think a mini has twice that.

That would suck almost as bad at the Utah Uturn left turn (that they are phasing out because it confused the snot out of everyone).

I’m sure a lot of you have seen the 2 lane drive thrus. What if you only order a Diet Coke and the person in the other lane, although they got to their ordering window first, seems to have a large order?

Do you go ahead of them, safe in your assumption that you will be quicker anyway and risk the ire from a possibly enraged fellow junk eater?

A lot of people here (and everywhere really) drive like they’re the only ones on the road.

You’re not a good driver if you’re not a good defensive driver.

1 Like

My region of Wisconsin is adding a lot of roundabouts where we used to have stop lights. The more of these the better, I think.