Is a drive-thru ban coming to your area?

Pretty sure car washes and gas stations aren’t included in the regulations in Minneapolis.

It’s true. I haven’t had a drive through liquor store within a days drive of me for the past decade.

I don’t wait in lines myself if I can avoid it. I do use the walk up ATM at Publix once in a while and also will walk in to a restaurant of the drive thru line is long as another poster mentioned. Here’s a thought though.

Won’t deliveries use more fuel overall? A lot of drive thru trips are people that were already out and about as opposed to a delivery guy making a special trip to someone’s home. Pretty minor I guess, but so it this entire issue. I think it’s a dumb law is what I mean.

Yup. It’s a dumb law that will accomplish almost nothing.

It’s not that I’m lazy. It’s that I don’t want to go inside and mix with the commoners and the poors.

2 Likes

Good point, I wonder which causes more pollution, idling in the drive thru, or having it delivered by door dash? I am betting the answer is, having it delivered. Unless you made the trip just to get the food instead of stopping as you pass it by while doing other errands or on the way to or from work anyway.

How can you live like that?

A man can live in suffering.

1 Like

We have drive thru beer places here but I never use them, how am I going to sit in there and take ten minutes to decide which beer I want?

Ahh. The old super flask! Buy in bulk I always say!

Not very practical when you want to browse that’s for sure.

Comfortably, leaned back in your seat while listening to your favorite jams with the ac on, that’s how.

Utah solved the problem by only having state run liquor stores. You better stock up for the weekend, no stores are open on Sunday. Not to worry though, we still have a problem with alcoholics and DUIs so the citizenry has found their work-arounds.

I don’t think the people behind me would appreciate it.

A rental car I had, had this system and I didn’t know it. I knew I wasn’t in any kind of hybrid and came to a red light in Las Vegas. Long light and all the sudden the engine died. I was thinking “great, can’t wait to tell the boss I killed ANOTHER car.”

Then looked close and the RPM guage was down on “idle” and below it was off. I had no idea at the time what that meant. When the light turned green I pushed on the gas and it came back to life.

I was just soooooooooooo happy I didn’t have to call the boss.

Drove my first one years ago as a rental in France. As CAFE standards increase we’ll see them here more often.

I tried to get drunk on free beer when I was a soundman for a country band in Salt Lake and was unable to complete the “task”. All I managed to do was drink till I puked and only had a moderate buzz lol. Stinking 3.2 beer!

Thank you Minneapolis. Maybe your idea will drift east to my state of residence.

Can’t stand drive throughs, and, with residents of many states increasingly becoming significantly overweight, maybe making them get out of their cars to get the food they’re fattening themselves with isn’t such a bad plan. The walk to and from the car may be the only exercise some get.

No, but of course red lights are unavoidable and drive-throughs are entirely optional.

Sorry, can’t bring myself to worry about something that insignificant. Doesn’t rise to the level of something to be worried about.