Is 5G Bad for Your Health?

How does that make me wrong? That’s what I said … they are using the band width they were assigned.

If out of band transmissions are creating problems for them then they are claiming more bandwidth than they were assigned.

1 Like

Really? What does “out of band transmissions” mean to you?

The companies pay to use that frequency.

Have you never heard of govt bandwidth auctions.

Allan

Capitalism is the reason for 5g.

Plain and simple.

We will still be on dial up if you had your way…

Allan

The FAA is very protective of “safety of life” system integrity. You really can’t trust anything the media says or even technical reports written by one side or the other. This stuff isn’t real rocket science but details matter and there are a thousand details.

One of my first jobs as an Air Force R&D officer was deep in the JTIDS vs FAA battle. JTIDS (or its present day incarnations) was (is) a 960-1215 MHz joint military communication system. That is the Air Navigation band. So before JTIDS was given mention in the allocation tables, the FAA made the military jump through the most ridiculous technical hoops to show that JTIDS would not - for example - degrade the TACAN acquisition of an air navigation beacon at the horizon (hundreds of miles away) while a JTIDS equipped plane flew right under the TACAN plane in a position where the lower TACAN antenna on one plane was maximally coupled to the upper JTIDS antenna on the other plane… something that would literally never happen in normal operations.

So it’s hard to say what kind of technical contortionists test the FAA has required for this situation. But in this case, precision approach is one of the most puckering stages of flight for something to go wrong. The consequences are not just the loss of an aircraft… as anyone who has ever lived in a housing area near an airport can tell you. Incorrect information from your RADALT on the approach path could be disastrous. Still… until one knows what tests have been performed, it’s really not possible to gain a solid understanding of whether there’s a realistic problem or not.

But I’ll stick with my earlier post in which I expressed concern about the cell phones themselves. We may go back (if not there now) to requiring passengers to keep those phones off until you land. For those who claim that it’s only the towers that the FAA is concerned with, I will remind them that RF power falls off as 1 over R squared. Granted … the towers put out more power but… for example … a tower a mile away will have its power reduced by a factor of a million compared to the free space attenuation of a cell phone 5 feet from a RADALT antenna.

1 Like

Verizon and ATT paid 80,000,000,000 for that bandwidth

Here’s A recent article.

“After Verizon and AT&T bought the bandwidth in February 2021 for more than $80 billion, the aviation industry worried publicly that deploying that spectrum would put airplanes at risk.”

Allan

Yes. But that is immaterial to the conversation.

Looks like my request was too much to ask. :smirk:

And what is the reason for airlines? Capitalism is not the issue.

Of course it is.the need for speed.

You think Verizon and att spent 80,000,000,000 for the hell of it.

Allan

So money is all that matters as far as you are concerned. :thinking:

Not everything, the major thing…

If a company pays the govt for something, should they be able to use it.

Allan

Amazing how people are blind to what’s really happening.

Cancer and death. End of reproduction. Bee death.

And the airlines are not companies? What bizarre reasoning.

As I said earlier, the primary villain here is the FCC with the FAA being a close second (for being complacent in their lack of response to a known potential problem.)

Interesting …

What did they pay for?

I know one thing they didn’t.

Filters.

Allan

Allan

Back to caring about money?

Nah I put blame on the FAA and the airlines.

Let’s simplify the issue. The airlines were slotted a spectrum of 400-600mhz*. The telecoms needed spectrum for their 5g, so bought 100-200mhz*, with a buffer of 200mhz*, double than what is technically needed for safety issues.

Unfortunately the airlines have been listening into a spectrum far outside of what they paid for. Is it the telecoms fault the airlines didn’t have the forsight that someone would buy a spectrum that wasn’t being used?

*Numbers simplified for ease of explanation.

The Airlines aren’t “listening into” anything. The altimeters (produced by companies who make instrument, not airplanes) they use are designed to use the band because that’s what was allotted for them by the FCC.