Ireland would need to cull up to 1.3 million cattle to reach climate targets

Just a random aside.

It has been observed that big herbivorous dinosaurs likely had fermentation based digestion to help explain how they got so big. Simply, efficiency of fermentation benefits from scale and a large efficient stomach means a big dinosaur.

Now, we have relatively tiny cattle that can sustain a flame … imagine the output of a 30 ton sauropod?

This may explain some herd die offs that have been found. A few weeks after a rough patch of vegetation and one unlucky lightning strike and, in the words of Henry Blake, they just went boom.

1 Like

Hear him!

2 Likes

You are right. We have more factories than we need now without growing more of them on farms. :smirk:

What makes you think Ireland is talking about factory cattle farming?

1 Like

You’ve been reading too many PETA pamphlets.

3 Likes

Oh yes, those evil cows who use all the water, if you ignore it mostly passes through them and is returned as ground water.

4 Likes

Why do enviro nuts hate cows?

4 Likes

Amen.

I’m so sick of enviro liars.

How about we take good care of the world around us and not constantly investigate all the ways to cripple the world around us in the name of fraudulent ESG whatever that is score and the next prediction of a cataclysm that never comes true.

4 Likes

Yes, we all need to do our part. Save our planet; Eat more cow!

2 Likes

The planet doesn’t need saving. It is in God’s hands not mankind.

2 Likes

P.E.T.A.

PEOPLE for the
EATING of
TASTY
ANIMALS

2 Likes

And when a 1/3rd of the earth burns up just remember you had your chance to eat more cow and didn’t.

2 Likes

The earth has been a lot hotter and it did not burn up. It’s also been a lot colder. Long before industrialization…

6 Likes

Methane breaks down in the air. It’s half life is only 9 years. Irish cows are not hurting anyone.

Oh, and vegans kill more animals by weight and count because of the pesticides and rodent control needed to grow plants. Cows can live in a diverse ecology but wheat and corn can’t…

3 Likes

LOL which some is also made from petroleum. :wink:

4 Likes

Shy is falling…

It’s really too bad that the Provos sold out.

Haha. Did you write that one?

Well that should help reduce the cow population!

We should all contribute to the cow reduction in that way. Count me in.

1 Like

Nah, I heard it years ago.

Me too. Wasn’t funny then, either.