Ireland would need to cull up to 1.3 million cattle to reach climate targets

I found this really interesting article on greenhouse gas emissions.

Turns out the article is just over one year old, but somethings are still interesting a year later.

1 Like

Well you know, getting a perfect ESG score can be a bit difficult. Just ask Sri Lanka. Or Dutch farmers.

5 Likes

It would be for no reason at all other than fee fees.

Unless China and India do something the rest of the world can do whatever and affect nothing.

There’s no “crisis” to start with.

1 Like

Factory farming is a real travesty. For people and for animals.

1 Like

Beats having starving folks.

5 Likes

Yeah, that plus it really really hurts when you stub your toe.
I have no idea why it hurts so much but it does.

2 Likes

False equivalency.

1 Like

I could care less about ESG scores myself.

2 Likes

It’s inhumane, unnecessary, are harmful to the environment. But my main concern is the inhumanity. It’s wrong.

1 Like

don’t worry, that’s next… too much exhaling after all…

2 Likes

The Huffington Post had an article a few years ago asking if a small nuclear war could reduce global warming.

Don’t put it past some of these people it is a religion and they are fanatical believers.

5 Likes

No Child Fed Bovine

1 Like

Methane is 30x more powerful a GH than CO2
and rice farming creates 10% of all global methane,
(more than all other forms of agriculture combined.)

Really there is no way to deal with agricultural GHGs without some SERIOUS switching out of rice for something else.

All ruminants (sheep goats camels, coattle) combines contribute just under 4% of agricultural CO2, so when we are done scaling back rice farming, we can work on sheep next.

I sure hope hippies don’t wear wool sweaters. Yay polyester!!

http://www.sustainabledairy.org/publications/Documents/DairyCap_Methane_FactSheet_Final.pdf

1 Like

I plan on continuing to eat steak myself. :grinning:

4 Likes

Data from cow farming lobby.

Okay provide me your data.

1 Like

Who are the biggest methane emitters?

China, the United States, Russia, India, Brazil, Indonesia, Nigeria, and Mexico are estimated to be responsible for nearly half of all anthropogenic methane emissions. The major methane emission sources for these countries vary greatly. For example, a key source of methane emissions in China is coal production, whereas Russia emits most of its methane from natural gas and oil systems. The largest sources of methane emissions from human activities in the United States are oil and gas systems, livestock enteric fermentation, and landfills.
Importance of Methane | US EPA.

Rice. You did not like my figure about rice.
Please bring me your figures about rice or work with mine.

1 Like

Whoever doesn’t want me eating affordable steak can kiss my ass. The cows can kiss my ass too, right before I eat them, because they’re food. lol

4 Likes

Tell 'em to send a culled cow my way. I’ll take care of it.

2 Likes