Iowa Passes Make Sense Legislation

That doesn’t matter.

Yes. Posted in order to mock them because of how they look.

Him.

1 Like

This makes no sense. Don’t cases create trends? Without the cases, you don’t have trends.

What’s the threshold of cases?

1 Like

This isn’t necessarily true. Biologically sure. But a woman can be stronger than a man. Even more so for an actual transitioning man (if taking pills to reduce testosterone and increase estrogen)

:rofl::+1:t4:good one

It’s a moral issue but not the one you,think. The moral issue is if it is ok to undercut womens competitive Sports by forcing them to compete with people who have an inherent physical advantage over those who were born biologically as female.
I can remember when liberals were all adamant about equity for women in sports with men’s sports. Now they are dumping that for their new toy.

8 Likes

See this is an attempt to have a rational discussion on the matter as opposed to the melodrama of “Oh…the cruelty being visited upon young female athletes and oooh the mental anguish of a ruined generation!

Start having less of an emphasis on sports by gender…start mixing in tier-based sports where tiers are based on athletic ability.

The discussion should be had.

The Moral Outrage Snowflakery needs to stop.

1 Like

It isn’t a moral issue but a moral panic.

If there was real concern, instead of simply barring trans kids from competing at all, they would put on their thinking caps… maybe actually talk to some trans kids and their parents… and come up with a solution that is equitable to all.

But it is much much much easier to scare up this issue and do something tough for the sake of the girls AND marginalize trans kids further.

It is a win/win for them.

They have about 4 or 5 election cycles of this before it stops working.

And you will have exactly the divisions you have now.

They can compete. With boys.

2 Likes

Maybe we will and maybe we won’t.

We don’t know because we haven’t tried it.

The gulf is likely not as big as you think.

But have the discussion instead of “OOOH think of the poor girls’ psyches!”

Yes, we do know. We have years of data. Look at the record holders and times.

2 Likes

We have years of data of two groups.

It is not good methodology to assume that holds if we tiered things.

Data is objective. A 3:56 mile is faster than a 4:10 mile no matter who runs it.

Look at the pro sports, driven by pure profit. If any female was better, they would be playing. They aren’t. They aren’t prohibited by law.

What do you mean by “tiered things”?

3 Likes

There are only 2 groups men and women.

1 Like

Why isn’t Breanna Stewart (I googled) in the NBA guarding that dumbass James?

Just the girly men next generation idiots don’t care.

2 Likes

Are you a girl? If not, then maybe you need to sit this one out.

That’s pretty sexist. I’m a man and I can assure you I won’t be sitting it out.