Iowa (not) Tonight: Predictions

Under no circumstances is it sustainable for you to come to that conclusion. None whatsoever.

We have experienced no shortage of election conspiracy theories, investigations, and even an impeachment due to election allegations. I am sure something will pop out of this one as well I am waiting for a Russia cyber attack to be blamed for the app that just went down.

Or maybe as Axxowiz said the Russians confused a caucus with the caucuses and thought the democrats were in Russia causing trouble so they launched a cyber attack :slight_smile: I am sure over the days there will be countless frivolous allegations made.

@westaussie You havn’t answered. Is CNN misrepresenting on their web page what their reporter witness?

well… there is your government.

The government of AUS is currently the most Conservative it has ever been in the last 100 years.

I am watching CNN on tv not reading their website.

@Ben_Natuf What about the federal Australian government? I will be very interested to read your comments about the Australian federal government.

don’t tell me, WA is the one disparaging his PM

I realize that.

I posted the exact words from the CNN web page, and you say it contradicts what you saw.

I had put up the link, you can go read it and then you can tell me – is CNN online miscaracterizing what happened live on TV. You make it appear that way.

I will read it later and tag you in my response.

i don’t have an opinion. its not my government; therefor, none of my business.

just for kicks though, how is your PM chosen? from the lower house?

I’ll make is easy for you. Appears the guy reporting the county results was on TWO phone. One on hold to report the numbers, one talking to cnn.

He tells the CNN reporter he needs to hand up, and starts giving results on the other phone, then says they hung up on me.

Shawn Sebastian, a precinct secretary in Story County, was live on CNN as he simultaneously sat on hold with the Iowa Democrats, attempting to report his county’s results.

Just a moment into his call to CNN, the party picked up — and then the line got disconnected.

“I have been on hold for over an hour with the Iowa Democratic Party,” he told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. He said that they first tried to use an app, but that didn’t work. They then turned to a hotline.

“We’ve been recommended to call in to the hotline, and the hotline has not been responsive,” he said.

In that moment, someone on the other end of the hotline picked up.

“This is a real coincidence, Wolf. I just got off hold, just now, so I’ve got to get off the phone to report the results,” he told CNN. He stayed on CNN’s air as he began to report his county’s results.

That’s when the hotline went dead.

“They hung up on me,” he said.

That is the entire update from CNN.
Does it or does it not match what you saw on their video feed?

The PM is the leader of the party (or major party if they are in a coalition) that has the confidence of the House of Reps. He or she needs to have won their individual seat.

The House of Reps is our lower house and the Senate is our upper house.

I am genuinely disappointed that you won’t express an opinion about it given you mentioned it. I don’t have a problem with non-Aussies commenting about it.

I mentioned it in response to you talking about your Pm. i know nothing about it. However, I can put together this brief logic chain for you.

Lower house is elected using provisional voting —> lower house chooses PM —> PM is incompetent.

Therefor, provisional voting leads to incompetence. Apparently not just in the vote counters (IA), but also in the vote receivers (AUS).

Seriously man, I’m joking around here pulling your chain.

Not wanting to pedantic but merely to ensure that there isn’t any misunderstanding. I was watching CNN live and in essence what you have included is accurate with a couple of points to be made.

The party on the line did say hello and the person who was talking to CNN did not respond. It is reasonable that person would be under pressure with the number of telephone calls they would be receiving and not hearing a response hang up. He did not get hung up on because he had started giving results.

This is the first time I’ve seen this in the 20 years I’ve been voting.

Things happen…

So what’s going on here…are they trying to rip old breadline Bernie off? Trying to cheat him out of his win?

i don’t believe anyone said any reason for the hang up. you keep going on about conspiracy theories that no-one but you has bought up!

nah… its just dems counting votes.

@Ben_Natuf It is called preferential voting. The amusing part of your attempt at humour is that my opinion of my country’s current PM is lower than my opinion of Trump. Also, for the record we have a recent trend of getting rid of our PMs with regular frequency; we are currently up to our 7th PM since 2000. I personally hope that trend continues with our current PM.