Interesting new article by Murray Waas

Flynn, Comey, and Mueller: What Trump Knew and When He Knew It

If the information in this article turns out to be accurate… The GOP will be in an interesting position…

I am thinking that nothing gets turned over to the house until after November.

Collusion is over…we’ve run that into the ■■■■■■■ ground…no one is listening anymore…let’s now label it…obstruction.

1 Like

I think they are down to jay walking actually.:rofl:

1 Like

It will definitely be interesting what Mueller finally presents as charged as for who. The obvious options are obstruction, conspiracy and election law violations. Perjury is poosible for any number of them as well.

This article and the new evidence he is aware of definitely bolsters the obstruction case.

Wow. That was an interesting read. You can tell he did his due diligence in researching for this piece.

This really stuck out for me as well here.

Because so many attorneys working for the White House counsel have been witnesses in the special counsel’s investigation, and because their testimony will clearly be crucial in determining whether the president obstructed justice, Don McGahn took the extraordinary step last summer of recusing his entire staff from advising the president further about the Russia investigation.

The February 15 memo, combined with accounts given to the special counsel by Priebus and McGahn, constitutes the most compelling evidence we yet know of that Donald Trump may have obstructed justice. In an effort to persuade the American people that the president has done nothing wrong, Trump and his supporters have blamed those they identify as their political adversaries—from President Barack Obama to Jim Comey, and including entire institutions such as the FBI and CIA, and an ill-defined “Deep State.” But the most compelling evidence that the president may have obstructed justice appears to come from his own most senior and loyal aides. The greatest threat to his presidency is not from his enemies, real or perceived, but from his allies within the White House.

1 Like

Definitely an interesting read. It’s going to be interesting to see the end result of Mueller’s investigation. If this information is included in his documentation, obstruction and / or conspiracy would seem to be applicable. Time will tell.

1 Like

As an aside, I’m thinking Trump should have been a lot more careful in his choice of initial hires…

1 Like

There was nothing to obstruct.

Reads nice if pandering to a certain bias via innuendo…

Well that’s thing now isn’t it? IF.

I perused the link mentioned and it’s all “confidential sources.” Hellos bells I can present “confidential sources” out the old wahzooski who’ll verify anything you want including that Tojo is alive and well and masterminded 911.

And this: “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,”

That we even know this conversation took place is an injustice to Trump who gave blabbermouth opportunistic Coma a chance to earn his trust.

Gotta be real desperate to turn a reasonable request into a demanding obstruction.

It’s all so much suffage. (Belly button lint.)

So, Trump was too dumb to know he was committing a crime when he asked Comey to shut down an investigation into Flynn?
Trump Jr. was too dumb to know that meeting with Russian Government Officials to gather “high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump” could possibly be a crime.
Both Trump and Jr were to dumb to know that when the Russian official was speaking about adoption, she was requesting help to lift sanctions on Russia.

How many times do we give these guys a pass for being dumb?

To quote legal principle: Ignorantia juris non excusal.

Translated: Ignorance of the law excuses no one…not even dumbasses.

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not. But we shall see when the Mueller probe concludes and his final report is issued.

1 Like

Silly lib - don’t you realize that the Hannity forum members are better experts on legal matters than Mueller’s team? :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Not true. There was an investigation to obstruct.

Obstructing the investigation, regardless whether the investigation reveals a separate crime, is obstruction of justice.

1 Like

I should have known better. :man_facepalming:

Especially the resident member who likes to tell us constantly that Trump is so clean and unassailable. :rofl:

1 Like

Adoption = Sanctions. The topic about “adoption”. Was their way of discussing the sanctions imposed in the Magnitsky act. It sounds like Jr was too dumb to pick up on that.

The “Fire and Fury” book has a theory on that. The author says from interviews that most in the Trump camp didn’t really think Trump was going to win. The plan was for Trump to lose, say Hillary “stole” the election, and then get a ton of book deals from it. Hence, they were acting with the idea that none of them would actually be government employees.

1 Like

But this isn’t the law- it’s politics.

A Democratic House might bring articles of impeachment against Trump.

It will go nowhere in the Senate. And will likely embolden Trump’s supporters.

Trump may face legal issues when he’s out of office…but not before.

It doesn’t take a legal expert to decipher collusion is legal vagary from a poorly defined investigative objective.