Infrastructure Bill

Yes they could. But the Republicans chose not to even try. Trump failed at the basic rule of proposing a bill that at least had enough support to merit further consideration.

he could have sent them the dem plan a schumer would have killed it.

2 Likes

Ain’t that the truth …

2 Likes

We shall never know about that. He could have done a lot of things that he didn’t. But isn’t that the pox that is put on every POTUS?

I agree with it if it is the watered down version going towards improved water plants, roads etc… although I think they should wait to see if inflation backs off first.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://qz.com/1761495/this-is-why-the-us-still-doesnt-have-high-speed-trains/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjy_4bjh5LyAhU5yzgGHZt7AzYQFjAHegQIDhAC&usg=AOvVaw1qvlYwS6RMd4O5OXv9cJ9_&ampcf=1

" Ten years on, the world-class, high-speed rail network sketched out by Obama is nowhere to be seen. Three of the most significant projects—in Ohio, Florida, and Wisconsin—were cancelled almost at the outset; others, like the high-speed Empire Line from Albany to Buffalo in New York state, are still a long way from completion, with a slow-moving environmental impact study causing delays. In California, the 171-mile (275 km) Central Valley segment from Bakersfield to Merced—itself a smaller segment of a hoped-for Los Angeles to San Francisco connection—is many months behind schedule. Governor Gavin Newsom put the kibosh on other non-ARRA high-speed rail projects in the state earlier this year.

Much good did come out of the ARRA, argues transit consultant Eric Peterson—but virtually none of it was high-speed rail. In short, there simply wasn’t enough money for these enormously expensive projects, he says. “It was woefully underfunded, but the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), and states, and Amtrak have really made the best of the situation” by using the money for less visible projects, he told Quartz. Nationwide, he said, the reliability, quality and frequency of inner-city passenger trains has improved, laying the tracks for even better rail to come.

Thanks, but no thanks

Massive infrastructure projects are almost always more expensive, complicated, and time-consuming than they seem at the outset—even with sufficient funding and unwavering political support. Most of the ARRA rail projects had neither."

2 Likes

“This body has no business passing this legislation in a matter of just a few days,” Lee said, while specifying that he can’t support it. “We at least need a few weeks.”

If it’s a 2,700 page bill…I’d have to agree that there needs to be time for the Senators to study it.

One thing I’ve learned over my years on this earth, when a politician introduces a spending bill and they label it infrastructure, historically it was a lie but who could argue with that word?

2 Likes

During the 2016 campaign he used to tout his 1,000,000,000,000 buck infrastructure plan.

Of course now it’s a bipartisan plan, he wants it torpedoed.

Allan

Of course, wanting an infrastructure plan does not mean one has to support absolutely every proposed infrastructure plan regardless of how foolish its content.

Globalist in both parties wanted nationalist and anti-globalism Trump to fail and worked to undermine his initiatives.

Foolish enough to garner Republican support.

Allan

There are still a number of anti-nationalist Republicans who would vote to bankrupt the US in order to merge it in its weakened state into their New World Order.

California may run out of bacon, but DC will never run out of pork! lol

4 Likes

Isn’t that the truth it looks like the economists warning about over spending leading to inflation five months ago (Many Democrats) were right. So what do they do let’s pass another spending bill and explain how it’s going to pay for itself which it never does.

It’s literally play money with politicians except trillions are the new billions.

2 Likes

Thanks for that info. I had forgot how much cash the high-speed rail projects wasted. I have utilized the rail systems around Europe and Japan and always thought it would be nice to have systems like theirs but also realizing that there was not going to be a high level of acceptance or usage. I have noticed that the new bill provides money for a cleanup of Amtrak. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Nailed it.

3 Likes

A trillion here, a trillion there, pretty soon it adds up to real money.

3 Likes

How many trillions did Trump and the GOP spend in his last year in office? Somewhere near 3 trillion right? We’re you all against that?

yes definitely