Infrastructure Bill

trump gave no such ultimatum. thats the excuse your leftist buddies used to keep him from getting a win. which was more important to them than infrastructure

2 Likes

Sorry, my mistake. It was the American Rescue Plan stimulus bill. ,

should have called it nancy’s xmas tree ornament bill

3 Likes

In an unusual and unexpected appearance in the Rose Garden, Trump said he told House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer at a White House meetingthat it would be impossible to go forward on discussions while “phony” congressional investigations hang over his administration.

may 2019. thats more than 2 years into his term. not at all what you claim

What claim?

https://www-latimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-infrastructure-pelosi-schumer-meeting-20190522-story.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&_amp=true&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16278825050194&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.latimes.com%2Fpolitics%2Fla-na-pol-trump-infrastructure-pelosi-schumer-meeting-20190522-story.html

i said he tried to get an infrastructure bill before he got the tax cuts, he did. the “resistance” would not allow it. they could not allow him a “win”. that was long before the other.

2 Likes

It’s weird how this news story directly contradicts what you are saying. They were all in the room and Trump blew it up.

No, your post was; “as i recall trump tried, the “resistance” wouldn’t allow it” There was no time frame associated with your comment.

They should agree to support it on the condition that no modifications be made without being subject to filibuster.

But that is what they do in committee. Both sides try to negotiate a “clean” bill. However when presented to the floor it is then open for amendents to be added. And those are voted up or down. So I don’t see how your suggestion plays into the picture.

Just be aware that investment in public transit does not mean once the allotted money is spent there will be functional transit facilities actually built.

It only comes into play if they agree that the final bill will need 60% of the senate votes to pass. They can agree to what they want. However, I have not seen this suggested so don’t worry about it. Most likely we are headed to more inflationary spending.

its wierd how this news story is from may 2019, not from 2017 or 2018, when your leftist buddies decided politics was more important than infrastructure

1 Like

I had a close family member work with the federal government on funds given to build a light-rail system.
He told me that where and how the money was used was very specific. So I would like to hear more about why you are skeptical about how the funds might not result in facilities. Thanks.

certainly was, before the tax cuts, which was your starting point

It would seem like Trumps decision to throw down the gauntlet in 2019 was based on politics over infrastructure. So I don’t get your point.

Well I don’t remember that Trump ever attempted anything about infrastructure before he did the tax bill.
But I might be wrong. Got a link? Thanks.

2 months in

2 Likes