Inflation is your Fault folks

Too much inflation is something you just added. See the missing factor is the global supply chain but it is illegal in these threads to discuss such things because it just brings laughter from you guys…. Because it’s just the dems fault!

Never mind that some of the stimmies came out during a certain president being in power and asking for even more stimmies……

I told you people to put that ■■■■ into savings, but you just had to have the latest and greatest slave-labor-electronics. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Food, gas, car repairs, no debt … obviously I’m not abusing credit enough.

1 Like

Less gas was being used because people stay home…but yet it went up. Can you explain that please.

Same for food. People weren’t eating more, they just weren’t going out to eat.

Stop splurging on food and gas.

But wait, hasn’t the administration been handing out money for EVs?

4 Likes

Yes, I was against free money then and now. The difference is that before it was throwing money into a closed down economy and later it was throwing money into an already recovering economy.

2 Likes

She deliberately avoided mentioning the stimmies, covering that up with the euphemism of “managing the pandemic so well the economy recovered rapidly”.

First stimulus was necessary because of what we did in the way of shutdowns.

Second stimulus not as much…third stimulus not at all.

Plus the pandemic shutdowns themselves wrecked the supply chains in ways we are still figuring out (even though I was in favor of the early shutdowns, there is a post of mine somewhere warning about the possible downside of doing so for too long…supply chains being irreparably damaged was part of that downside).

In short, the pandemic revealed the extreme brittleness of our global economic system…reverberations are going to be felt for some time.

A major reason why centralized managing doesn’t work…the system is too complex for that.

1 Like

Sure it started going up when the economy started to reopen. It was going up in 2020 after collapsing during the pandemic.

Just like in 08 when there were talks about low gas prices that collapsed as a result of an economic downturn and started rising when the economy improved.

The gas price spike in 2008 involved more than just the economy recovering. Oil and commodities were looking like safe havens to park money that wasn’t going to be used for investment in economic growth.

A LOT of “sideline money” ended up being parked in oil and commodities.

1 Like

I remember Larry Summers and other prominent economists warning tor months not to pass the second covid stimulus that it would dramatically increase inflation. Why should people listen to people who are constantly wrong other than those who are right.

I miss Rob Paul grilling the Fed on how they cause bubbles to bad Janis missed out on those hearings.

2 Likes

:point_up: :point_up: THIS :point_up: :point_up:

… especially someone with so much economic credential!

Is she not highly educated? How is it possible that such a highly educated person not have seen such things?

Milton Friedman disagrees

2 Likes

Well, the Dembulb sorta gets close by blaming what people do with their “free money” but still doesn’t blame the source of the “free money”.

1 Like

So does this CNBC analyst

So the trillions doled out that motivated this spending is not any of their responsibility?

2 Likes

Reminds me of my ex-wife.
Do everything her way and it’s still my fault when things go wrong.

4 Likes

Yeah but in that case it’s the truth.

:rofl:

2 Likes

I was against the stimmies from the onset.

3 Likes