In this weeks episode of "If Obama had done this", Trump salutes a N.Korean General

Obama created the Benghazi video? Really?

Actions like cajoling the world into applying greater and greater sanctions on Iran which forced their hand?

I don’t know? I do know that the president, a civilian, has no responsibility to salute anyone, per military guidelines. He sure as heck has no responsibility to salute a non-US officer. If he wanted to do it out of “respect,” then fine. There’s then the risk of a salute becoming more than just a salute to some people, which is what happened.

You can run with your hypothetical “if he didn’t” salute all day. He did and that’s what I’m discussing.

3 Likes

we even salute enemies that tortured, starved, and murdered our own people.

"The Japanese delegation receives honors as they depart USS Missouri (BB-63) at the conclusion of the surrender ceremonies, 2 September 1945. General Yoshijiro Umezu is in the center, saluting. "

Speaking about the content of a video and actually making propaganda videos for your adversaries to use are 2 entirely different things but I’m not surprised you’re confused

Tell you what. Trump can salute any North Korean general he wants.

On the occasion of their unconditional surrender.

And I promise I won’t care one bit.

2 Likes

I am pointing out blatant hypocrisy within the DNC. Kim’s sister is just as guilty as Kim for depriving their people in NK. Its ok to praise NK leadership if your DNC but not ok if RNC, got it! You never responded, NK was shooting Missile tests towards our allies during this time, should pence have jumped up with glee ?

Here bro!

He created Propaganda with that video, he made a propaganda video from that video!

I got another.

Beau Bergdhal served with honor and distinction.

You’ve lost me???

The thread is about Trump accidentally saluting a North Korean general, not about abandoning our allies??? :confused:

The “what the ■■■■■ look on Kim is priceless

lol - you’re ■■■■■■■ hilarious Ish.

You brought up denuclearization, not me. I’m just expanding on the topic you raised and Trump’s plan for retreat.

even if we surrender and are POWs, we salute our captor’s superior officers.

You have absolutely no concept, no understanding, no experience in this matter.

Stop pretending. You chose your profession. It was not the military. You know only what trump haters tell you.

Exactly right SottoVoce.

Show me where I raised a Trump plan for retreat? There is no such plan, except in the bizarro world LIBs frequent.

You’re not paying attention: Trump isn’t the topic here, it’s the blatant, unvarnished hypocrisy of the right-wing jaw workers.

At least Trump didn’t bow. We know how outraged Republicans get about bowing.

Civilians do not