In the cutting off you nose despite your face category

Yup pure snowflake hizzy fit

Donā€™t believe in ā€œsinā€ tax. Determining ā€œsinā€ is not the purview of the USG nor some mob of authoritarian cads.

When did the left change their minds and start liking regressive taxes?

1 Like

Thereā€™s a part of me that agrees and another that disagrees. What I stated is true and just like any other addict to anything else, being the supplier is benefiting at someoneā€™s expense and IMO thatā€™s wrongā€¦especially our government.

It is not the purview of government to protect us from ourselves.

I believe it is not the purview of government to take advantage of those not protecting themselves.

It isnā€™t.

They can hold their own damned powerball.

2 Likes

This is about foreign governments cashing in on a US lottery, not about sin taxes.

2 Likes

On the backs of dupes.

A tax on those who are poor ar math.

How bout the lottery making a profit. Expanding markets is a good thing right. US farmers export food and make a profit, why canā€™t the lottery.

Allan

Can you eat a lottery ticket?

Expanding markets was my points.

They lottery is a commodity just like food or cars or laundry detergent.

Allan

It is not a product, itā€™s a scam.

Why not?

Itā€™s a product.

They put the odds of you, personally, winning right there where people can read it.

And thatā€™s the funny thingā€¦the odds of you, personally, winning, are astronomically low.

Once enough people participate, the odds of SOMEONE winning become quite high.

Whatā€¦you want the government to hand hold people?

MUSL is a nonprofit organization.

No, I want my government not to take advantage of stupid people. Especially those who can least afford it.

And yet they produce million of dollars of revenue every year for state governments.

Allan

Revenue does not equal profit.

And actually, even non-profits can make a profit, but the money canā€™t be used for personal gain.