In new interview, Trump says talks on wall are a 'waste of time'

How did the Wall stop that seizure?

The wall apparently prevented them from off-road semi-trucking…

3 Likes

Where is he going to build the wall? Has he specified? I’d like some specifics.

Is he going to build it in the Rio Grande?
Is he going to build it in the cliffs and ravines?
Is he going to build on top of the 700 miles already built?

1 Like

Despite what the CEC is saying (and lying about), Democrats are not against border security. They never have been. A stupid concrete/steel/fiberglass/foam/whatever wall is not the answer, though. We have better ways that can be done. And, honestly, I think Trump knows that. The “W” word is being used to sucker his troops. But he knows – or he should know – a wall is not the best way to spend tax dollars.

Did not see your post before I made mine. Great minds …

The answer to border security is not just a dumb wall. And Trump will finally agree to that.

Let’s keep that outrage and fear flowing. It’s good for ratings at Fox.

The answer is also not NO WALL.

You need a solid barrier for the high tech stuff…like what caught this load of fentanyl…to work.

DHS makes the case for the tools they need. Success like this seizure should be invested in.

One upping a political foe is shallow and ghoulish to those that have suffered the pain of addiction deaths.

:children_crossing:

Camp, do you have any statistics as to how many drugs come through ports of entry vs through the desert?

Have some prominent D visit the border and show us how tranquil and inviting it is…Preferably where there is no wall and you can drive back and forth.

Just like the beach without as much water and no waves.

:children_crossing:

I’m no expert but I don’t think a solid barrier is necessary. That’s not to say it isn’t in some places, but I think with all the high-tech folks in the government, we can figure out something. The outrageous cost of a continual solid barrier makes that prohibitive.

And it’s amazing that R’s who complained about taxes for eight years are all of a sudden willing to spend hordes of money on Trump’s Folly with no apparent reticence.

We cannot count PEOPLE with an accuracy above 10,000,000.

I would say this is a rather significant problem, unless you like or need narcotics…

According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, a canine officer alerted other officers to the presence of 254 pounds of fentanyl inside a hidden floor compartment of an 18-wheeler carrying cucumbers, during a secondary inspection at the Mariposa port of entry just past noon on Saturday.

“It has been sent for a chemical analysis so we won’t know the purity until a much later date,” said Michael Humphries, the port director for Nogales.

He noted just how deadly that amount can be in very small doses. The synthetic opioid is 80 to 100 times more potent than morphine, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Saturday’s bust contained enough fentanyl to kill more than 115 million people, according to investigators in the case. That’s the equivalent of a third of the entire U.S. population.

In addition to the fentanyl, officers also seized 395 pounds of methamphetamine hidden inside the compartment in the 18-wheeler.That was the third largest seizure of its kind along the Arizona border, CBP said. Combined the two drug busts have an estimated street value of $4.6 million.

It should be an easy matter to agree with what DHS wants then.

So that’s a no. Gotcha, thanks.

So now you want a wall along the northern border and along the east and west costs.

While we’re waiting on the check from Mexico to build the southern wall, who is going to pay for those other weak spots?
.^^^^

What have the Congress members whose districts are on the border asked for?

Not a single one of them supports a wall. These are members of Congress that are supporting their constituents along the border. NONE of them want a wall.

There’s roughly 1500 deaths per day to cardiac disease.

Where’s the concern?

1 Like

Semi-trucks?

I scoff at thee.

“[T]hey have unbelievable vehicles,” he said Wednesday. “They make a lot of money. They have the best vehicles you can buy. They have stronger, bigger and faster vehicles than our police have and than ICE has, and the Border Patrol have.”

Ouch! I’m gonna have to agree with cray, cray on this one.

`

We put this lunatic in the White House for one reason,” Coulter told Yahoo News. “He doesn’t need to declare an emergency.”

`

That’s it! The wall just turned into a dome!

1 Like