In new interview, Trump says talks on wall are a 'waste of time'

It shows that barriers can funnel traffic to points where advanced detection can be effective. We need both.

Most importantly it shows the SCALE of narcotics traffic and the peril we find ourselves in.

I say support INS and DHS 100% including barriers of their choosing and deployment.

Pelosi insisting on NO WALL is not going to end well for those that follow her.

:children_crossing:

Thank you very much for showing again that the main way drugs come into this country via the sourthern border is through ports of entry where there are already walls and not by large shipments through the middle of the desert. (Of course not dissing the Coast Guard and non-Southern Border ports of entry.)

…^^^^

1 Like

Are semi’s crossing the desert now? Should be pretty easy to spot…

1 Like

There is no main way.

They come in every way and we need to cover all potential weak spots.

The scale is becoming destructive to our very existence.

Yes, there is a main way.

Drugs do not threaten our very existence. That’s ridiculous. We’re not all going to run and OD on heroin and fentanyl, any more than we all did when meth or cocaine were in the news.

This doesn’t answer the question, these immigrants died in the back of a truck on well established roads… I’ll ask again, are semi trucks crossing in the middle of the desert?

I agree we need to increase funding for detection efforts at ports of entry, where these drugs were discovered… I’m skeptical of the argument that there are concealed semi-trailer loads of bananas crossing the desert…

We’re still not all going to rush and do fentanyl laced heroin. There’s already more than enough drugs here to kill us all many times over, but we’re not all dropping like flies. That’s why it’s a terrible metric to use to wildly spend dumb money. It’s propaganda.

It did and they do.

Supporting the need of DHS and INS should be an easy choice. They need barriers to direct traffic and better deploy forces.

I am very grateful for the work they do and fully support what they need.

We all do, and it is working. Thanks for posting the success. We need to keep spending the smart money.

It is an evidential indicator of the horrifying scale of smuggling.

130 OD’s per day is a crisis to me.

Might be good business if I were a funeral director.

…as DHS and INS requests.

THEY say we need barriers, not Trump.

130 ODs per day is proof of Americans’ endless insatiable need to hoover up drugs. Maybe we need to start on the demand side of the equation.

I don’t feel the need to spend billions of dumb dollars because of addicts.

Lock them up. Drug trade is on their ass too.

1 Like

How does a semi truck traverse the rocky desert? Can you give us examples of this off-road semi-truck problem?

Perhaps they should submit detailed spending plans to Congressional appropriations committees, including detailing costs/benefits analysis.

Yeah, sure they did.

Weird that Trump founded his entire campaign on a wall and now all of a sudden it was someone else’s idea.

Fully agree.

And according to the story you provided those barriers are already in place. That’s why the truck was stopped

Lol, barriers to direct traffic? Gotta stem that flow of 18-wheeler traffic across the desert!

Do you not see how silly this sounds? The vast majority of drug traffic comes through ports of entry, not because of the barriers “directing the traffic”, but because of the ■■■■■■■ infrastructure (I.e. roads and ships) that allows for large scale transportation of product.

Democrats are 100% on board with improving the security at ports of entry.