Important advice for Sarah

Everywhere else there is single payer they pay half of what we do.

Now if one could make the case that our health care system is twice as good… there would be some argument in my mind.

What devastating loss? What demented fantasy? You lost me.

Important advice for Sarah:

Quit your job.

2 Likes

You give yourself a lot of credit. I’ve been around a long time and don’t know you from Adam. Nor do I care what you think your credibility level is.

There is no excuse for harassing people in public no matter what their political views or what side of the political spectrum they fall on.

I was absolutely outraged when BLM took over the podium at a Bernie Sander’s event. I can’t stand his views and could not disagree with him more but there is a time and a place.

Attempting to silence people through intimidation and harassment only serves to make people look like nothing else but bullies. No one likes bullies and eventually they get their hind quarters handed back to them.

Everywhere else there is single payer, Congress isn’t running it.

Of course not. In every other country, it’s run by technocrats. Which is what should happen here if we had single payer.

I think that the restaurant should have served her. Just like I think that the bakers should have made that cake and that low level government official should have given that marriage license.
Basically, for people to stop being dicks to each other because reasons.

But… this is what the CEC and the GOP fought for… not me.

But it won’t because Federal Government.

I doubt that Congress would run it here.

It would be run by department weenies that do all of the low level grunt work of the State.

Department weenies who work for the Federal Government. Some distinction. :roll_eyes:

So your counter argument to why do we pay twice as much per capita as the rest of the world with worse results is that Congress will directly run health care?

For what reason would they do that?

It won’t because there’s no stomach for single payor. Federal government has nothing to do with it.

If we ever get fed up with our current disaster of a medical payment system, I think we’d end up with a system much more akin to Germany which is competing, highly regulated nonprofit insurers with guaranteed coverage and shared responsibility for funding between individuals, businesses and government.

Oddly enough… it is the people who lack distinction that get all of the ■■■■ done in this country.

No we pay twice as much per capita for two reasons: Profit margins and we pay for the advertising in the rest of the world.

There’s no stomach for single payer because at this point single payer means everyone on Medicaid/Medicare and the government can’t even run that efficiently enough for the people already on it.

1 Like

Medicare is extremely efficient. You know who doesn’t have any profit margin and basically no advertising? Medicare.

Yes. So efficient that waves of doctors are refusing new patients left and right. Silly doctors, wanting to get paid and all.

The reasons for the increased costs don’t mean much when faced with the reality that we pay twice as much with worse results.

Our market system isn’t working.

You can’t argue around that… sorry.

Our market system is working fine. It was working better before government got involved. If you don’t like it you can always go outside the country and get yourself what you think is better. Canadians come here for medical care all the time.

91% of doctors take patients on Medicare. Reimbursement rates for Medicare are lower than private insurance to be sure. Getting something for a lower cost, that’s called being efficient.

So you can actually argue that at the price that we pay and still have millions without adequate access to health care is working fine?

Okay then.