Impeachment to conclude tomorrow

@hwyflier told you
:trophy:

1 Like

Good grief, he’s been posting this stuff from the BB for months now (May '19) and knows quite well what kind of site it is. That you all STILL can’t figure that out is rather amusing for the rest of us and I’m quite sure for @thinkingman also.

2 Likes

Does anyone remember a primary season with as little coverage this Democratic primary is getting? Four days away and no one wants to cover it. They would rather watch a show in which we all have known the ending for over the three years.

Why do you care?

Collins is voting yay on witnesses

Only to try and save her own ass. Maybe just maybe the people of Maine will see through her fence sitting bs.

They will find just enough spineless senators to keep the cover up going.

1 Like

History will not have a favourable view of Donald Trump and his Senatorial acolytes.

And that is why history will not look favourably on the presidency of Donald Trump and his Senatorial acolytes and enablers.

Let me help: it is not an allegation it is a statement of fact.

If one adopted that principle then one would never watch a movie twice, never read a book twice, never watch an opera twice, never listen to a song twice, etc. etc. etc.

Agreed but this isn’t exactly and opera or a must watch tv show :slight_smile: that being said it looks like season 3 will be the last of this show come this weekend.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/senate/480822-alexander-to-vote-no-on-witnesses-bringing-trial-close-to-end%3Famp

It’s been fun but not as good as game of thrones although I admit the last season of that sucked. At least now we get to maybe see more of the Democratic primary stuff good times ahead :sunglasses:

I would have described it as similar to a Shakespearean tragedy with the one disclaimer Shakespeare would have made Trump far more articulate than the actual Trump.

1 Like

Good synopsis but I find it difficult to put Donald Trump and William Shakespeare in the same sentence :slight_smile:. To me the whole thing has been a bad episode of Hell’s Kitchen.

It’s over, our love affair
Too late now, I find I care

You got the wrong sow by the ear. The Dems have been doing the cover up.

3 Likes

What are you talking about?

Senate Republicans are betting on Trump for their reelection hopes. Which honestly, I can’t blame them at this point. It’s not entirely crazy for them to wait and see how 2020 turns out. That said … a substantial majority of Americans support letting witnesses testify. A lot of them are going to hear from their constituents about this. Apparently they care more about their relationship with Trump, than their relationship with the voters. Time will tell.

Three-quarters of the public (75%) in a new Quinnipiac University poll, to be exact. And while that numbers includes almost unanimous support for witnesses among Democrats (95%), it also shows a large majority of independents in favor of witnesses (75%) and even a near-majority of Republicans (49%).

Shifty is an articulate lying drama queen.

And I’ll add, this isn’t a good look for the GOP. They are being incredibly short sighted here. The long term effects are going to be painful. Be prepared.