Impeaching scotus judges

Another blunder wearing fool who seems to think Right Wingers had nothing to do with where we are as a nation.

Amazing.

Well the alternative was a woman who can out lie everyone and has horrible policies.

Impeachment could be done with a Dem House majority. Conviction could be done with 67 Dem Senators.
An impeachable offense is anything congress says it is.
Court stacking could be done with simple majorities in both houses.
I don’t think it’ll happen but my thoughts plus $2 will buy you a cup of coffee off any roachcoach.

I will forego the “best and brightest” if necessary to get someone who will abide by the existing constitution and not try to make up a new one.

Then there’s the pay for play aspect. Among others.

Precedent for what? Impeaching judges because of the President who appointed them? No it’s not there.

One gets impeached for one’s own actions.

No, it would not work. Try reading the Constitution.

That was a little harsh… crack? :rofl:

The Truth. Pure gold. Thank you so, so much.

Where are we as a country?

The “best” and “brightest” would not invent any new Constitution.

Exactly on the spot where Politicians from both sides of the aisle have placed us.

I don’t disagree, but where is that?

While we have troops engaged, we’re not really at war for the first time in almost 20 years.

The economy seems to be doing really well.

We have health insurance available for all with pre-existing conditions covered.

Terrorists are being tried in Article 3 courts.

Centgov abuse is being exposed.

We have some problems, but we always have some problems.

Another fact that most people are not aware of is that congress controls the jurisdiction of federal courts including SCOTUS.
It can pass a law and deem it “not subject to judicial review”. In other words it’s saying that it can’t be ruled unconstitutional.
It could also prohibit SCOTUS from hearing any case having to do with abortion, or 2nd amendment, or taxing power, or any other subject it put off limits. It could also direct SCOTUS to hear any case it thought would generate a favorable outcome.

When did the Afghanistan War end?

The jurisdiction of the courts is specified in the constitution. The legislature cannot alter that absent the amendment process. Congress cannot pass a law that is not subject to judicial review.

We are still at war.

We have not changed that.

The economy at this snapshot, yes, seems to be doing well.

We have healthcare as it is only until the Republicans get a chance to screw with it.

Criminals have been getting tried for a long time, including terrorists. Gitmo still isn’t closed.

CentGov abuse is always being exposed.

Yes. We have some problems. We always have some problems.

No of what you posted changes what I posted.

We are right where we are by the actions or inactions of both houses of Congress.

They are equally to blame or to praise.

Where are we still at war?

Maybe the problem is we are looking for problems?

I’m in pretty good shape. So are my neighbors. My son is starting a new job next week.

You’re mistaken. Congress not only can, they do it.

Article III Section 2
Power of Congress to Control The Federal Courts
Clause 2. In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be a Party, the Supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. ****In all other Cases before mentioned, the Supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.