Immigration rebellion

They could apply for asylum in any of the countries they pass through to get to the US.

I consider feelings secondary to the protection of the minors.

Consider “cold” to be the parents knowing full well they would be separated from their children and proceeding anyway. This is not a “new” phenomenon that took them by surprise or unaware.

The kids are not being punished.

Entering the country illegally isn’t.

It’s a port of entry, not a long term detention facility. Would you prefer they have no shade?

Which country to our south do you think is considered safe haven? The one that currently has the highest murder rate in their country’s history?

That is irrelevant. They could apply for asylum in any of the countries they pass through on the way to the US.

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Obviously.

That makes absolutely no sense. Why would anyone leave their home to flee to a country that isn’t any safer?

If the crime rates in those countries vs the US is the justification then we should be shuttling them all straight through to Canada.

Why would someone fleeing out of fear for their life need to ask for forgiveness?

Can you show they would be more likely to be targeted for violence in any of those countries than they were in their home countries?

Why not? They’ve been pretty open in criticizing our policies. I say it’s about time they put up or shut up.

That not how the refugee system works

Why indeed when laws don’t really matter am I right?

Can you imagine just how quickly the Mounties would shut down the border?

Aren’t you claiming they should be going to the safest country possible?

Agreed, they are not being punished. They are with adults trained to work with children. A roof over their head, activities all day, education and medical care.

Nowhere near the “hardship” they endured on the travel to this country, I’m sure.

Their parent(s) knew full well this would happen and chose this course for their children. I can’t say the children are worse off for being separated from a “parent” with that kind of mindset.

No. But if you were it would be a first

Uh huh. Tell somebody who cares.